Respect to refs

Dokko

The video's funny, and what they're saying is right, but the truth is most of the games I've played without refs have been better than the ones that had them!

Seriously though, the refs have the power to demand the respect of players. If from the start of the season, starting at the top level, they started to apply the dissent, diving and other related rules properly and starting booking and sending off players, they would fall into line soon enough.

One thing I'd like to see clamped down on is players ignoring refs and continuing to walk away when he's calling them over for a word. It doesn't happen in other sports. It's rude and childish. AND IT MUST STOP NOW !!!!!!!!!!

One thing I'd like to see clamped down on is players ignoring refs and continuing to walk away when he's calling them over for a word. It doesn't happen in other sports. It's rude and childish. AND IT MUST STOP NOW !!!!!!!!!!

Unless its Rob Styles,or Uriah Rennie.

If the refs weren't so shite players wouldn't be abusing them.

Steve Bennett the fucker deserves torturing  never mind a bit of industrial language. I feel the need for violence when I think of Mike fucking Riley.

Guest shearer_united

I believe sometimes Refs aren't given the respect they deserve (sometimes!).

A lot of the time players argue with the refs regarding the most controversial decisions; the offside rule. Lets not forget they too are human and humans do make mistakes.

As a ref myself I say about time.

Funny story, last night in an under 14s match, a player disagreed with one of my decisions not to yellow card a player, and told me what he thought. I told him to shut up or he'd be the one getting the yellow card, to which he replied 'if you treated us with respect we'd treat you with respect'.

Clearly it works the other way, and I know that when I'm refereeing, if players respect me, I respect them. If they choose not to respect me, I choose not to respect them.

Pretty simple.

As a ref myself I say about time.

Funny story, last night in an under 14s match, a player disagreed with one of my decisions not to yellow card a player, and told me what he thought. I told him to shut up or he'd be the one getting the yellow card, to which he replied 'if you treated us with respect we'd treat you with respect'.

Clearly it works the other way, and I know that when I'm refereeing, if players respect me, I respect them. If they choose not to respect me, I choose not to respect them.

Pretty simple.

Good post. I used to love having a go at refs when i played CM. Cn't believe i was never booked and only got sent off once :lol: My last season though i started to get to know the refs and be a lot nicer with them, and that does give you the respect from them. If i play again next season, i will try and be a dirty bastard again  :lol:

Referees police the game.

You wouldn't shout and hurl abuse at a copper, so why do it to a ref?

Listen to me, I sound like one of those fucking adverts now :lol:

Bit of interesting print from the Mirror:

The teams in Sunday's Community Shield match will be expected to abide by the professional Respect programme:

- Referee managing the game (applying the Laws of the Game)

- Captain taking responsibility

- Pre-match briefing meeting with referee and managers/captain

- Team handshake before kick-off

- Improved behaviour in the technical area

Teams at all levels are invited to sign up to the four practical steps the programme is championing:

1. Codes of Conduct for players, referees, coaches and spectators. The codes of conduct set down basic principles which everyone must accept and adhere to, with related actions for repeated breaches.

2. Designated Spectators Area demarcated by touchline barriers, keeping spectators about 2 metres back from the pitch. This allows the assistant referees to perform their function unimpeded, and in the pilot scheme has demonstrated a marked restraining effect on spectator behaviour. Spectators will be on the opposite touchline to the coaches.

3. Captain taking responsibility. While the captain does not have any special privileges under the Laws of the Game, captains will be expected to take on more responsibility for the conduct of their team. The captain will act as the main contact point for the referee, and will be called over to an incident involving a team-mate even if he/she is some distance away.

4. Referee managing the game. Referees have been instructed to work with captains to manage the players and the game effectively. They have also been reminded of their responsibility to control the game by applying the Laws of the Game and dealing firmly with any open show of dissent by players. The instruction to referees is to stay and deal with dissent rather than moving away

Link

The players that hurl abuse at referees are among the same degenerates that show no respect in their everyday lives.  Why referees feel so hard done by and victimized is beyond me.  If they don't like foul mouthed abusive idiots making their lives difficult then they are in not just the wrong job but the wrong country.

• 2 weeks later...

If the refs weren't so s**** players wouldn't be abusing them.

Steve Bennett the fucker deserves torturing  never mind a bit of industrial language. I feel the need for violence when I think of Mike f***ing Riley.

This is what  I was on about!!!!