NUFC Open Day - 13th August

Greg

Newcastle United Open Day

Newcastle United are opening the doors to training next Wednesday (13 August) and supporters are all welcome to come along to St. James' Park to watch their heroes working out before the big Premier League kick-off.

The special family open day, sponsored by Northern Rock, is free of charge and will enable supporters to see the whole first team squad, marshalled by Kevin Keegan and his coaches, put through their paces.

Hosted by former United star John Beresford, the day will also feature ball juggling competitions with a chance to win NUFC goodie bags and the new away strip. The players will also be kicking footballs into the crowd at the end of the session.

St James' will open at 9.30am and supporters are asked to come along early to the Sir John Hall Stand to take their seats. The East Stand will also be open to official club members. Please note: juveniles must be accompanied by a responsible adult.

At 10am, renowned football freestylers Jeremy Lynch and Britain's Got Talent finalist Billy Wingrove will also take to the pitch to show off their range of dazzling football skills.

Then it's the turn of Kevin Keegan and his players to emerge just before 10.30am for a training session that will last until midday.

The last time United held an open day, in 2006, over 12,000 fans came along to enjoy the day.

After training John Beresford will head for Shearer's Bar where he will take part in a question and answer session that begins at 12.30pm.

Director of Commercial Affairs, Darren Venn, said: "It's a great chance for families to come to St. James' Park free of charge and see Kevin Keegan put the team through training.

"The last time we did this it proved extremely popular. It's a great way for families to spend a day and we hope lots of people come along and enjoy the Open Day."

It's sure to be a terrific day - don't miss out!

Should be better than the one Allardyce had with his headset!

Newcastle United Open Day

Newcastle United are opening the doors to training next Wednesday (13 August) and supporters are all welcome to come along to St. James' Park to watch their heroes working out before the big Premier League kick-off.

The special family open day, sponsored by Northern Rock, is free of charge and will enable supporters to see the whole first team squad, marshalled by Kevin Keegan and his coaches, put through their paces.

Hosted by former United star John Beresford, the day will also feature ball juggling competitions with a chance to win NUFC goodie bags and the new away strip. The players will also be kicking footballs into the crowd at the end of the session.

Article continues>>

St James' will open at 9.30am and supporters are asked to come along early to the Sir John Hall Stand to take their seats. The East Stand will also be open to official club members. Please note: juveniles must be accompanied by a responsible adult.

At 10am, renowned football freestylers Jeremy Lynch and Britain's Got Talent finalist Billy Wingrove will also take to the pitch to show off their range of dazzling football skills.

Then it's the turn of Kevin Keegan and his players to emerge just before 10.30am for a training session that will last until midday.

The last time United held an open day, in 2006, over 12,000 fans came along to enjoy the day.

After training John Beresford will head for Shearer's Bar where he will take part in a question and answer session that begins at 12.30pm.

Director of Commercial Affairs, Darren Venn, said: "It's a great chance for families to come to St. James' Park free of charge and see Kevin Keegan put the team through training.

"The last time we did this it proved extremely popular. It's a great way for families to spend a day and we hope lots of people come along and enjoy the Open Day."

It's sure to be a terrific day - don't miss out!

Should be better than the one Allardyce had with his headset!

hmmm, I can see what they're trying to do.  The kids are on holiday, its a chance to see players in the flesh etc but its a bit dressed up.

Coll I shall being going and I will take my camera again, see if I cannot spark another mass thread on "who the fuck is that player?". :lol:

Will NUFC let Paul Jewell openly scout their players though?

Coll I shall being going and I will take my camera again, see if I cannot spark another mass thread on "who the f*** is that player?". :lol:

Will NUFC let Paul Jewell openly scout their players though?

:laugh2:

I shall wear a cunning disguise mate, I am going dressed at Big Sam, no one will suspect a thing.

Guest Heneage

The players will also be kicking footballs into the crowd at the end of the session.

Most of them do that when aiming for the goal anyway.

I think this is just to warn the fans that Smith will be partaking in training.