The University/College Thread

Decky

Seeing as its August i thought id make this thread. So how is everyone getting along then with the finances, accommodation etc? Got my accommodation sorted weeks ago, staying in halls. Got my final letter from student finance yesterday, the one i take to registration, so im all set to go :celb: Also what are yous all studing? Im starting year one of a TV and Radio Production course.

You need to get that form done this week mate, i did mine in June and ive just got my final letter yesterday! Plus because the deadlines have passed you are already at the bottom of the queue, the longer you leave it the longer you go without it when the year starts. Suppose it isnt all bad though seen as youve no rent or anything to pay.

Thing is, i havent had that stupid passport check at college, so i dont know how i do it.

Really need look for a phone number tomorow.

Have you applied for a student bank account yet?

Couldn't imagine going to a uni and staying at home. Part of the reason I wanted to go to uni in the first place was to get away, learn some new skills, gain independence and go to new places.

Thing is, i havent had that stupid passport check at college, so i dont know how i do it.

Really need look for a phone number tomorow.

Have you applied for a student bank account yet?

Have had one for years, i just left the University of Ulster there in May. You need one like, so you can use the interest free overdraft facility.

Ahhh, after two years working at sea, im finally ready to hit the books yet again!

Im starting the 19th, and im going to study shipping and logistics at uni level in Tønsberg, Norway. Don't know a living soul there, and I havn't fixed accomodation yet, so, well, the next days are going to be interesting! :lol:

Ahhh, after two years working at sea, im finally ready to hit the books yet again!

Im starting the 19th, and im going to study shipping and logistics at uni level in Tønsberg, Norway. Don't know a living soul there, and I havn't fixed accomodation yet, so, well, the next days are going to be interesting! :lol:

great stuff! the food rocks, the beer flows like water, and the women!!!!! ahhhhh the women!!  :drool:

You need to get that form done this week mate, i did mine in June and ive just got my final letter yesterday! Plus because the deadlines have passed you are already at the bottom of the queue, the longer you leave it the longer you go without it when the year starts. Suppose it isnt all bad though seen as youve no rent or anything to pay.

Do yer get a letter sent when they have sorted out your finance form?, reckon mine could be slightly late even though I got it in just before the deadline, I had to send in a form in the post with my parents income as I had forgotten it.

accounting and finace. not too bad, 8 hours a week  :celb: :celb: :celb:

Just you wait!

8 hours teaching maybe, but to get the most out of any finance related degree you have to put in a lot of out of classroom time. All about applying theory to the real world today.

Will be an interesting time to study it to what with the aftermouth of the credit crunch, economic slowdown, high (relative for the last decade or so) inflation etc

Seeing as its August i thought id make this thread. So how is everyone getting along then with the finances, accommodation etc? Got my accommodation sorted weeks ago, staying in halls. Got my final letter from student finance yesterday, the one i take to registration, so im all set to go :celb: Also what are yous all studing? Im starting year one of a TV and Radio Production course.

Lawlz, you're doing exactly the same course at exactly the same Uni as one of my mates. [/irrelevant]

I'm hoping to go to Sunderland too, but it's still another year away for me.

I'm a few years behind me like. When i left school i had the total wrong attitude, and i done fuck all until nearly a year later then i got a job labouring. Was there for a while then i've just pissed about with shit jobs on and off for a few years. So i eventually decided to go to college last year at the age of 21 and i done the First Diploma in ICT and now i'm going onto the National Diploma which will last 2 years. Quite dissapointing that i'm gonna be 24 before i leave college, but i'm not angry with myself for not going when i first left school because i know i would have messed about and been a prat then not passed anyway and i would have totally given up. Doubt i would have went back if that had happened. I've learnt the hard way like i suppose, but i've learnt a lesson and i've got the determination to do it now. Was a few marks of an overall distinction last year (i still lacked a little bit of determination at the end because if i had stuck in a bit more when i had already passed the course, i would have got the distinction i think). Don't know what option i'm gonna take if i pass this course yet. Better late than never i suppose.

My mate does Music Technology and LOVES it.

Theres a unit where you start a band ffs, how fun must that be?

Im a bit nervous for meeting the people on my course

Hope not! I'd be useless if I had to play anything, if it's computer based I may scrape through but I was hoping the course would be more the recording/mixing side rather than performance. yeah I am too, it's the same college I've just left which means it's full of emo/zany 16 year olds, ugh.

My mate does Music Technology and LOVES it.

Theres a unit where you start a band ffs, how fun must that be?

Im a bit nervous for meeting the people on my course

Hope not! I'd be useless if I had to play anything, if it's computer based I may scrape through but I was hoping the course would be more the recording/mixing side rather than performance. yeah I am too, it's the same college I've just left which means it's full of emo/zany 16 year olds, ugh.

Hes doing degree, its an optional unit if you dont do that you do another.

Guest Heneage

Couldn't imagine going to a uni and staying at home. Part of the reason I wanted to go to uni in the first place was to get away, learn some new skills, gain independence and go to new places.

Know what you mean, I hope to go as of January, just had shit luck, got rejected first year forliving close, all ready tomove out then mother takes bad has an accident falling during the night and is now physically disabled so needs me to be around to look after her till me Dad retires.

Do yer get a letter sent when they have sorted out your finance form?, reckon mine could be slightly late even though I got it in just before the deadline, I had to send in a form in the post with my parents income as I had forgotten it.

You get a letter telling you what you are recieving, i got mine about 3 or 4 weeks ago, then you get another one with dates which is the one you take to registration. You can also use their website to find out your status, i knew what i was getting about 2 weeks before i got the letter about it.