Olympic 2008 football

James

To describe the red card to those who didn't see, Rafinha pulls something off the ball and is rolling about injured, after playing on for a couple of minutes, ref notices that Rafinha is still down, so sends of the last player to touch Rafinha before he went down.

South Korea v. Cameroon in about half an hour if anyone else is bothered.

We've got some exciting young lads in the team, and they're arguably playing better football than the senior squad right now. Should be a pleasure even if the Cameroonians plaster us.  :undecided:

To describe the red card to those who didn't see, Rafinha pulls something off the ball and is rolling about injured, after playing on for a couple of minutes, ref notices that Rafinha is still down, so sends of the last player to touch Rafinha before he went down.

No, although i agree it wasnt a red card, belgium had been coming with hard tackles on our team along the whole match and i said in the first 5 minutes of the game that someone was going to get a red card. And then your completely wrong about the situation, Raifnha fell easily and the ref saw it and gave advantage to keep on playing rafinha then falls again (dont ask me why :D) and brazil kicks the ball out of play and the ref gives the card. The referee was going to do it anyways..

Brazil had no speed and no imagination whatsoever and although a deserved win, we need to show more quality if we're going to win these olympics after seeing argentina and the ivory coast play good fotball.

Don't agree with professional sports like Tennis, Basketball or Soccer being in the Olympics the way they are.

Should be amateurs only, would be a life defining moment for guys winning the Olympics, as it should be. As it stands its just another piece of silverware for a lot of them before they head back to their teams or tours or whatnot.

Don't agree with professional sports like Tennis, Basketball or Soccer being in the Olympics the way they are.

Should be amateurs only, would be a life defining moment for guys winning the Olympics, as it should be. As it stands its just another piece of silverware for a lot of them before they head back to their teams or tours or whatnot.

About 90% sports in the Olympics are professional these days. The Olympics is about being the best, and the best sportsmen are proffessional.

About 90% sports in the Olympics are professional these days. The Olympics is about being the best, and the best sportsmen are proffessional.

Agree with James

Can't say I follow athletics at all, is that all professional at this point? I assume so. I've no problem with that being contested by Pros, because the Olympics is the pinnacle of their sports.

Soccer, Basketball, Tennis it's just another event to them, much smaller than say a Grand Slam in tennis or a Championship in basketball or soccer.

I think it somewhat devalues the Olympics. While some guys are breaking their arse for 4 years to win a medal, others just take a couple of weeks off from their multi-million pound day jobs to show up and fart about for a couple of weeks on a thrown together team and then they win a medal themselves.

Can't say I follow athletics at all, is that all professional at this point? I assume so. I've no problem with that being contested by Pros, because the Olympics is the pinnacle of their sports.

Soccer, Basketball, Tennis it's just another event to them, much smaller than say a Grand Slam in tennis or a Championship in basketball or soccer.

I think it somewhat devalues the Olympics. While some guys are breaking their arse for 4 years to win a medal, others just take a couple of weeks off from their multi-million pound day jobs to show up and fart about for a couple of weeks on a thrown together team and then they win a medal themselves.

Athletics is complete professional now, has been for a number of years now.

Serbian keeper just saved two pens in a row against Argentina  :smitten:  Had to be re taken for some reason.

Had a look in wiki and found this:

In July 2008 Sporting have allowed Stojković to go to Premier League side Everton for a trial with views to a loan deal. However, on July 22 he left his first training after only an hour, without any explanation. The club's spokesperson said that Everton lost interest and that they'd been warned earlier that "he's a complicated character".

Guest diddimz

We're out, by a much fitter and more athletic team from the Ivory Coast. Thought we played some good football at times passed it around well, but just our youngsters aren't showing anything to make me believe they will be better then the previous generation.

I agree that the Olympics should be the pinnacle event for the sports there but the the true amateur thing is long gone. The amateur boxers get more in £££'s (via grants) & train more often than a lot of pro boxers.