Best Starting XI outside of the top 4

James
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why are we even in on this?

Outside of our midfield i reckon based on what James said, we should be in there, and although we have problems in our midfield, other teams on there have problems i.e. Spurs and their defence.

Edit: Having said that if Spurs had King and Woodgate fit all season they wouldnt have problems. If we had a couple of new quality midfielders we would be better than all of those teams bar Spurs (again, based on what James stated in his post)

It's too early to tell.

It's far too early to hand the trophy to Spurs. That's for sure.

They had the best squad outside the top four at the start of last season and look what it got them.

Everton has the best defence and the best team.

It's too early to tell.

They had the best squad outside the top four at the start of last season and look what it got them.

Silverware?

Why are we even in on this?

No idea, voted for us anyway though O0

I voted for The Yids, although I perhaps should have voted for us as more of a wildcard to fuck up the poll.

It's too early to tell.

Silverware?

Portsmouth?

Carling Cup?

It's too early to tell.

Silverware?

Portsmouth?

Carling Cup?

FA Cup?

It's too early to tell.

Silverware?

Portsmouth?

Carling Cup?

FA Cup?

dude, are you all trying to out psych each other or something 'cause this is appaling

with no further signings?

spurs

with the right ones, US

regardless not everton or villa

This makes what Villa and Everton did last year all the more impressive and in Everton's case over a number of year. They've both been relatively successful despite the quality of their squads. For me that's down to two excellent managers.

We've finished above Villa for 4 seasons on the spin, finished above Newcastle for 2 seasons on the spin, finished above Portsmouth since about 1950 and finished above Spurs for 2 out of the last 4 seasons.

We're actually quite rubbish according to the poll though  O0

Looking at the teams now I think Spurs have the best squad but I don't expect them to fulfil their potential as usual because they've got no team ethic and can't get a consistent defence for love nor money.

Next in the quality stakes is ourselves and Villa. Both of us need more squad depth but are more than a match for anyone when it comes to the first XI. Both have quality managers who can work with small squads and imo are better than Newcastle and the media flavour of the month- Pompey.

Gone for Villa but Everton would have been my 2nd choice.

I really see no difference between Tottenham last year and this year as they still haven't recruited a DM and haven't made additions in defence.

Gone for Villa but Everton would have been my 2nd choice.

I really see no difference between Tottenham last year and this year as they still haven't recruited a DM and haven't made additions in defence.

Their signings this year are a different class to the ones they made last year, with the likes of Bale and Hutton only going to get better as well I think they're clearly ahead (on paper)