Is a little bit of optimism too much to ask?

Dave

I can't wait for the new season, I think it's going to be much more fun than anything we've seen since Sir Bobby left.

But everyone's writing us off, even our own fans. And it's getting right on my tits.

The players we have are shit. We've not brought enough in. The ones we've brought in are shit. The owner hates the manager and vice-versa. We're trying to cut costs at the expense of on-pitch progress. The club is to be sold. Keegan is going to be sacked before Christmas. We've failed with several targets. Keegan doesn't know who Coloccini is. We're going to finish bottom half. We're going to get relegated. We're not going to score any goals. Owen is leaving. Viduka is a lazy shit twat. Enrique is hapless. The fans are deluded. The fans are the problem. The fans aren't buying tickets. We're aiming too high. We're aiming too low. The club is in turmoil. The club is in crisis. The club is going under.

Well I say fuck all that, I believe in Kevin Keegan.

Nobody expects a single thing from us this year on the pitch (remember that?). Bring it on, I for one can't wait.

I can't wait for the new season, I think it's going to be much more fun than anything we've seen since Sir Bobby left.

But everyone's writing us off, even our own fans. And it's getting right on my tits.

The players we have are s***. We've not brought enough in. The ones we've brought in are s***. The owner hates the manager and vice-versa. We're trying to cut costs at the expense of on-pitch progress. The club is to be sold. Keegan is going to be sacked before Christmas. We've failed with several targets. Keegan doesn't know who Coloccini is. We're going to finish bottom half. We're going to get relegated. We're not going to score any goals. Owen is leaving. Viduka is a lazy s*** t***. Enrique is hapless. The fans are deluded. The fans are the problem. The fans aren't buying tickets. We're aiming too high. We're aiming too low. The club is in turmoil. The club is in crisis. The club is going under.

Well I say f*** all that, I believe in Kevin Keegan.

Nobody expects a single thing from us this year on the pitch (remember that?). Bring it on, I for one can't wait.

Well said mate!

That is how I have always felt (for years!) and how I have always written and spoken to people.

For the moment though, I will have to rely on you and a few others to write and speak for me . . .

Guest shagthefluff

all this negativity comes as always from ppl who believe what they read in the press.its sad that ppl base they're views on red tops that are full of shite. i think we're gonna have a decent season providing we make another couple of signings that keegan has talked about. and still with man utds injury crisis we have our best chance to take something from that game.

im optimistic and am delighted with keegan so far.

Radiohead - Optimistic

Flies are buzzing around my head

Vultures circling the dead

Picking up every last crumb

The big fish eat the little ones

The big fish eat the little ones

Not my problem give me some

You can try the best you can

If you try the best you can

The best you can is good enough

(x2)

This one's optimistic

This one went to market

This one just came out of the swamp

This one dropped a payload

Fodder for the animals

Living on an animal farm

(x2)

I'd really like to help you man

I'd really like to help you man.....

Nervous messed up marionette

Floating around on a prison ship

Dinosaurs roaming the earth (x3)

>:D

Yep. Can't wait for the season to start. The end of last season showed that Keegan can make some of the disappointing players perform a lot better and all the new signings seem excellent. I believe we will get a few more exciting players in too. All in all it looks quite good from where I'm standing!

The players we have are s***. We've not brought enough in. The ones we've brought in are s***. The owner hates the manager and vice-versa. We're trying to cut costs at the expense of on-pitch progress. The club is to be sold. Keegan is going to be sacked before Christmas. We've failed with several targets. Keegan doesn't know who Coloccini is. We're going to finish bottom half. We're going to get relegated. We're not going to score any goals. Owen is leaving. Viduka is a lazy s*** t***. Enrique is hapless. The fans are deluded. The fans are the problem. The fans aren't buying tickets. We're aiming too high. We're aiming too low. The club is in turmoil. The club is in crisis. The club is going under.

Well I say f*** all that, I believe in Kevin Keegan.

:lol:

I cannot wait for the season to start but I have to be honest and say I am not feeling to optimistic about it, yes I have faith in KK but he can only work with what he has and its what he has that I have the problem with.

With a fully fit squad we look okay on paper but this is the Toon and we know fine well we will never have everyone fit at the same time. A few injuries and we could be in big trouble.

This is not me being pessimistic its me being a realist for a change, I used to have complete blind faith season after season and it does me no good what so ever, its not a case of listening to the crap the media have to say, its just to what I know about the players we have.

I'm optimistic Dave.

And so you should be. We've got the best manager this club has ever had. He knows us inside out, and he knows what it takes to deliver.

All the off-field shit means virtually nothing when it comes to organising 11 footballers and getting them to play in a fashion that entertains us lot. I'm looking forward to seeing us attack teams. Score goals. Maybe even lose a few 4-3s. Fuck it. I'm going to enjoy this.

I would be wildly optimistic if we had a talented midfielder coming in.

Thats why I hope todays rumours about Johnstone from Man City are true.

Compare out squad and signings this summer so far to Villa, Everton, West Ham etc and we should finishing top 7 next year. 

We also need Owen and Martins fit and ready though.

I'm optimistic Dave.

And so you should be. We've got the best manager this club has ever had. We knows us inside out, and he knows what it takes to deliver.

All the off-field s*** means virtually nothing when it comes to organising 11 footballers and getting them to play in a fashion that entertains us lot. I'm looking forward to seeing us attack teams. Score goals. Maybe even lose a few 4-3s. f*** it. I'm going to enjoy this.

You certainly sound 'determined' Dave!!

I'm really upbeat about who we've brought in.

Ok I'd be happy with a few more players but i'm sure we'll get them in before the end of August.

We have the best defensive line-up for as long as i can remember

We Have 2 good Goalkeepers

We have 3 good Strikers when fit

Jonas looks exciting and Guthrie can actually pass and keep hold of the ball

We only need a few more players but i'm sure Keegan will get them in and until he doesn't i'm holding onto any criticism of the club.

the summer took a while to get going, and I must admit there were times I was heading for the pile of doom-mongers, however now I reckon we're beginning to move, and I reckon after we announce Coloccini, another 2 at least will follow.  The foundations for a team capable of challenging the top 6 are there, we all know it, even the bastardised media know it, it just needs tweaking a little bit.

I'd like to think that come 3.55pm on Sunday 17th August, EVERYONE on this board is fully behind KK and the lads regardless.

Guest neesy111

well said dave

i've been optimistic over all the summer, a playmaker and striker and we have a pretty useful squad which i believe can finish in the top 6 last season

i've always trusted keegan

Keegan may be one of the best managers this club has ever had, as much as Ronnie O'Sullivan is one of the greatest snooker players ever, he would still not win a thing if he used a broomshank instead of a snooker cue. Keegan can only work with what he has its a sad but true fact, They were not good enough last season and two new players will not make enough of a difference.

I can't wait for the season to start because I love the club I love the game and being at the match is such a fantastic feeling but optimism is to much to ask for at this point.

Keegan may be one of the best managers this club has ever had, as much as Ronnie O'Sullivan is one of the greatest snooker players ever, he would still not win a thing if he used a broomshank instead of a snooker cue. Keegan can only work with what he has its a sad but true fact, They were not good enough last season and two new players will not make enough of a difference.

I can't wait for the season to start because I love the club I love the game and being at the match is such a fantastic feeling but optimism is to much to ask for at this pint.

;D

Guest neesy111

I can't wait for the season to start because I love the club I love the game and being at the match is such a fantastic feeling but optimism is to much to ask for at this pint.

they we're end of the season, if keegan had been there all season we would of easily finished in the top 8, we went 3 months without a win

fuck me man!  The pubs haven't even opened yet!  :lol:

f*** me man!  The pubs haven't even opened yet!  :lol:

Check your cupboards I am sure you will have a bottle of sherry in there until they open, you got the shakes eh?

:D