Midnight Club: LA

Syrette

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I've heard it's extremely difficult later on (big difficulty spike/learning curve) and this makes it frustrating. Can anyone vouch for that?

Yup. But if you can actually play racing games it's good. Mostly just people thinking "driving a car in the opposite direction with cars coming against me should be easy, yay!" that can't get good and start complaining.

• 2 weeks later...

Got this today from Play.com

Best £17.99 i've spent in a long time.

Probably the best racing game i've played in a long, long time, graphics are stunning and the gameplay is spot on.

Police chases are awesome, take a sharp turn out of site and park up and watch them drive past on the radar, much more realistic than other chases in car games.

Probably the best racing game i've played in a long, long time, graphics are stunning and the gameplay is spot on.

Police chases are awesome, take a sharp turn out of site and park up and watch them drive past on the radar, much more realistic than other chases in car games.

Watch out for the supposed difficulty spike later on.

Got it from Play too. It's sitting at home un-opened though, won't get at it until christmas...

Might throw this on the ol' Xmas list.

/is 22  :-[

Back in stock at Play.com for £17.99 mate.

Well worth it.

I'd pick up Saints Rows 2 for £17.99 too. Or Far Cry 2. or Prince of Persia...

Aye, I must say, it's fucking great craic. I even feel like a proper chav with neon underlighting and tinted windows on a Golf...  :razz:

Ahhh i loved that golf  :blush: right nippy little thing.

Enjoying my Mitsubishi Lancer a little bit more though  :smug:

If you go to the garage you can test drive any car in the game even the locked ones. Forgot the name of the car but try the one that costs 500k it's fucking awesome :lol:

Might throw this on the ol' Xmas list.

/is 22  :-[

Back in stock at Play.com for £17.99 mate.

Well worth it.

I'd pick up Saints Rows 2 for £17.99 too. Or Far Cry 2. or Prince of Persia...

Don't tempt me mate, my overdraft is maxed out nevermind getting it increased to buy some new games :(

I'm cautious about Far Cry 2, at one point it was a definite purchase, and indeed at first people seemed to like it. However I get the impression that it's just really not all that good from the people who've got a fair distance into it/completed it. Prince of Persia (and Mirror's Edge) seem like games I'll rent rather than buy.

Saint's Row 2 I'll definitely get soon enough (I'm up for a game that doesn't take itself too seriously), but I think that's a game I don't mind waiting for until I've got a bit more spare cash on me.

Bought Pure for a tenner yesterday which I'm happy with although I've not got a clue when it'll actually get delivered. And I still really want L4D (purely on the demo and comments elsewhere) but I'm not convinced it is worth buying at full price, so I might get that for Christmas or wait a bit.

Aye, SR2 was my main 'suggestion', but I noticed that the others were all £17.99 as well.  I did actually pick up SR2 at the same time as Midnight Club. Total chaos (but in a good way  O0), like GTA on crack...  :lol:

I'd love all these games (and more) really, I'm just skint. Back in the days of not having to pay rent and bills any money I made could go straight on whatever took my fancy, so I used to get just about any game that interested me on the day of release (pre-ordered as long as the reviews were good).

I could also do with a new football game and the likes of COD: WaW.