FRINGE - Has ended :'( spoilers and all that...

Andy

I think this will be worthy of a thread.

Fringe is the 4th TV Series co-created by J. J. Abrams (Felicity, Alias, Lost) and third collaboration with co-creators Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman (The Transformers, Star Trek, Mission Impossible III, Alias); head-written by veteran scribe Jeff Pinkner (LOST, ALIAS). It is produced by Warner Bros./Bad Robot, and deals with a research scientist named Walter Bishop (who Orci describes as "Frankenstein mixed with Albert Einstein"), his son, and a female FBI agent who brings them back together. The show is being described as a cross between The X-Files, Altered States and The Twilight Zone. Like Abrams' previous TV shows, it will have an overarching mythology. A two-hour, $10,000,000 pilot is being produced, where Walter is in a mental hospital.

Trailer:

! Private video

J.J. talking about it:

! Private video

There will be plenty to discuss here :aww:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Geordiesned

Watched the pilot a while back - it needs improve massively to keep me interested. It started well then got farcical and the acting was appalling.

Is this straight onto Sky One or not for a while?

*Shudders*

I'm waiting for BooBoo to post in here so I can start insulting JJ Abrams and his lot.

:smug:

I think I'll join in with the Abrams insults.

LOST = made good by Lindelof, Cuse, Bender and Goddard.

ALIAS = made good by Pinkner and Goddard.

FRINGE = average pilot, show will be made good by Pinkner.

Abrams is a good ideas man, but his scripts have left me feeling cold recently. I'll judge his directorial ability on Star Trek, since he's done nothing special in that department since the Lost pilot either.