KK: Milner going nowhere

jimmymag

We actually have a pretty decent balance of wingers (judging by pre-season) in Guttierez, Milner, Duff and N'Zogbia so doubt we'd get rid. I wouldnt particularly be too happy if he left either as he can at worst be a very useful peripheral first teamer.

Guest stjamestoon

Don't think we should let him go, personally think he is one of our best attacking threats as our current squad stands...Plus it will only make Villa even better, and us worse.

10m and he can go still got a few weeks to replace him

Just don't get the feeling he's going to get any better in the position were playing him, his crossing is shite and he doesn't create as much as he should.

Guest stjamestoon

He doesn't finish as many as he should i agree, but compared to the attacking options we have, we need to keep him.

If the bids are under £6m(!) then I think I'd rather keep him tbh.

He's not great by any stretch, but I do think he's now vastly underrated by this forum generally, and I fancy Keegan to get quite a bit more out of him over the season.

If we're talking silly money then of course I think we could do better.

Guest stjamestoon

He's not great by any stretch, but I do think he's now vastly underrated by this forum generally, and I fancy Keegan to get quite a bit more out of him over the season.

Well if we can get defence sorted, then all of our attacking options should have more freedom going forward. Milner just needs to score more, and improve his crossing, cant ever knock his work rate, and his pace and keeping the ball etc

Love the way they imply that he was dropped by Keegan where in fact after KK's arrival, he played in every game (sub in one game) before getting injured in the Liverpool game and therefore missing the rest of the season.

Hope he stays as I really want to see if KK can help him improve this season - early signs are promising.

Well if we can get defence sorted, then all of our attacking options should have more freedom going forward. Milner just needs to score more, and improve his crossing, cant ever knock his work rate, and his pace and keeping the ball etc

You can't knock his pace?

Guest stjamestoon

That's what i said

oh, he JUST needs to improve scoring and crossing then?

piece of piss!!  :lol:

just kidding

That's what i said

I see, you think he's pretty quick then?

Guest stjamestoon

That's what i said

Well he isn't a sluggish player...?? Quicker than most in our team by far

If we're going to stick with the 4-3-3, sell because he's too one-dimensional as a player to be useful in any role, and purchase a replacement with more technical or pass 'n' move ability.

If we're going to switch back to 4-4-2, keep him because he's a half decent winger with the ability to put in a killer cross once in a while, on top of which on his day he can be a handful for decent fullbacks. And he's still young.

If it means we could move for someone like Arteta or Elano or someone of that ilk, we should snap the hands off anyone willing to part with £6m+. We pretty much have a replacement in Gutierrez as it is.

That's what i said

Well he isn't a sluggish player...?? Quicker than most in our team by far

I see.

Guest stjamestoon

If we're going to stick with the 4-3-3, sell because he's too one-dimensional as a player to be useful in any role, and purchase a replacement with more technical or pass 'n' move ability.

If we're going to switch back to 4-4-2, keep him because he's a half decent winger with the ability to put in a killer cross once in a while, on top of which on his day he can be a handful for decent fullbacks. And he's still young.

If it means we could move for someone like Arteta or Elano or someone of that ilk, we should snap the hands off anyone willing to part with £6m+. We pretty much have a replacement in Gutierrez as it is.

Thing is to be a half decent team we need squad depth, two players in each position ideally...We couldn't just rely on Gutierrez.

Guest stjamestoon

Rely on gutierrez? He hasn't shown he can do anything yet until the real games start.

Aside from that time when he played in Spain?

Luque springs to mind.

Forget £6M.  I'd sell him for half that if I had any confidence that we'd sign a replacement.  But in mid-August, with the season starting on Sunday, selling him at any price would just mean 1 less player and we can't afford that at this point.

That is the position we are in, and it is probably the position that all of the clubs we are attempting buy players from are in as well.  You leave things this late, and you either pay over the odds or get shot down. 

Rely on gutierrez? He hasn't shown he can do anything yet until the real games start.

Aside from that time when he played in Spain?

Means fuck all until he shows what he can do for us.