Abdoulaye Faye signs for Stoke for £2.25m

Theregulars

Guest elbee909

Ashley wants to sell, Keegan wants to sell, but they both think the other one doesn't want to sell.  They'll be on Jeremy Kyle next.

:lol:

vast improvement on the stoke with no faya gag

What, you think I'm here to fockin' amuse you?

Sorry, thought it was the Goodfellas thread in GC...

Go get your focking shoe shine box mother fucka

I love misquotes.  "I thought I told you to blow up the bloody doors!"

Funny how the lack of news has forced us to discuss random shite on football threads.

I'm looking at you Ashley,  look what you have reduced us to,  I know one of your cronies will read this messageboard,  get a shift on or we'll abandon the football altogether and turn this into a dating website.

I don't remember Humphrey Bogart saying that.

We have to face up to the fact that when the  big clubs come knocking our players heads will be turned. Faye is as good as gone to Stoke IMO.

Ashley wants to sell, Keegan wants to sell, but they both think the other one doesn't want to sell.  They'll be on Jeremy Kyle next.

:lol:

vast improvement on the stoke with no faya gag

What, you think I'm here to fockin' amuse you?

Sorry, thought it was the Goodfellas thread in GC...

Go get your focking shoe shine box mother fucka

I love misquotes.  "I thought I told you to blow up the bloody doors!"

Err that was no quote hence no quotation marks. Go focking get it

Someone on the Stoke forum reckons Faye was at their training ground this morning.

He was

http://www.uglypeople.com/uploaded/18609/d2.jpg

So was Philip Neville

http://www.uglypeople.com/uploaded/18609/ugly8.JPG

Fuck me i'm bored  :undecided:

take away coloccini and he is our best centre back and in my opinion should be first choice infront of butt as def mid.

utter madness unless bassong has made a major impact in training and keegan is happy with Taylor,Colo,Cacapa & Bassong.

He might well want to leave, remember he was upset at only being first choice centre half last season. Stoke ffs, aye i bet he's desperate to live in the arsehole of the uk. 2m as well? Treble it and i might start to think about not laughing you out of the building.

I can delete stuff when I'm on my phone. You lose!

Maybe make a bid for Johnny Hall adding a bit to the faye money. Good investment in keeping with Asley's plan.

Jonny Hall?

oops...I was sending a work e-mail to Johnny Hall.  :blush:I meant Jonny Evans

Stoke City are closing in on the signing of Newcastle defender Abdoulaye Faye, BBC Radio Stoke understands.

The 30-year-old trained with the Potters on Thursday ahead of opening negotiations over personal terms.

The Senegal international has made 20 appearances for the Magpies since moving from Bolton for a fee of £2m in August 2007.

It is also understood that City will not be making a move for Ipswich Town forward Jon Walters

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/stoke_city/7561605.stm

Strange that this one seems to have legs, I've been dismissing it since it happened.

Anyway, would appear that KK sees Taylor as part of both the future and present Newcastle team if he's prepared to let Faye leave. Reckon there'll be a few people upset with that. :lol:

Guest Geordie Boyo

really annoyed we're selling him like

Me too. it's f#*king senseless! He's a great player and one of our best defenders...!

Only came for SA, maybe he holds a grudge against his sacking, we don't know what's going on behind the scenes.

As long as we get what we paid for him i'm not too bothered, but think he does need replacing as Cacapa gets closer to the 1st team, and thats a sickening thought.

If this is true, then it's time for me to start shitting mesel. We have a tiny injury prone squad and we seem hell-bent on letting people go before bringing them in and with our record on missing out on targets, it's not looking good. Ashley said he wants 'to have soom fun' next season. Start splashing the cash fatboy, season starts in THREE DAYS if you haven't realised after a nice summer of THREE MONTHS to tie up some good players. I have been optimistic since the reports we have agrred a fee with deportivo for Colo, but with registrations needed tomorrow which puts huge question marks over our argentine duo, multiple injuries and no signings looking imminent, we need to take our finger out and do something. Losing Faye ain't the end of the world, he's no Beckenbauer. But, it is a sign of the times and we need some quality arrivals NOW!!

I don't know why this is getting such a reaction from people.  Faye would not want to leave here for a club like Stoke..  They're interested.. so fuck, it means nothing unless we decide he's not needed.  The only way that would happen is if we've got a better player lined up, in which case its good news..  Stop panicking like little girls at every rumour or interest shown in our players.