Abdoulaye Faye signs for Stoke for £2.25m

Theregulars

Why would you sign a top class centre-half and then sell your most dependable defender to a relegation contender?  If this isn't bullshit then I'm going to start wondering whether the guys in charge have any idea what they are doing.

HAS to be bullshit mate, there's simply no other explanation unless we're signing another CB to play with colo...and that's not very fucking likely is it?

Why would you sign a top class centre-half and then sell your most dependable defender to a relegation contender?  If this isn't bullshit then I'm going to start wondering whether the guys in charge have any idea what they are doing.

Is it just me that thinks that if Faye thinks a move to Stoke is a worthwhile career move then he isnt worth a light to us anyway.

Obviously doesnt give a s*** about Newcastle if he and his agent think that this is a great move.

f*** him.

Agreed and agreed  :clap:

Is it just me that thinks that if Faye thinks a move to Stoke is a worthwhile career move then he isnt worth a light to us anyway.

Obviously doesnt give a shit about Newcastle if he and his agent think that this is a great move.

Fuck him.

Maybe he fell out with someone and Stoke were the only team who showed interest?

If it's purely down to the fact he wants to live in the South then fair enough, otherwise you have to question his ambition.

should that be the true explanation and he moves, he MUST be replaced immediately and without hesitation...as someone else has said colo ain't even kicked a ball yet, taylor and cacapa are accidents waiting to happen

aaaaargh i fukn hate this pre-season

If it's purely down to the fact he wants to live in the South then fair enough, otherwise you have to question his ambition.

It's all relative but I wouldn't say Stoke is in the 'South'

i wouldn't say Stoke was in the 21st century, to be honest.

It's all relative but I wouldn't say Stoke is in the 'South'

i wouldn't say Stoke was in the 21st century, to be honest.

lol it is a real shit hole, makes me feel dirty every time I drive through it

Obviously doesnt give a shit about Newcastle if he and his agent think that this is a great move.

Fuck him.

The point is it's not in our interests to sell him for £2m even if he would like a move. You have an experienced, solid centre half who can also play in midfield - where are you going to find that for £2m? What are we going to do with that money? Buy a youngster who isn't ready to play first team football?

Something oddly exciting about this. Surely something pretty substantial must be on the horizon now?

Burdisso coming in? Or perhaps some other centre back?

At the very least this is a sure sign that Coloccini will play this weekend right?

Maybe Keegan really wants to give Taylor a good go at this thing and pair him up with Coloccini this season, with Bassong and Cacapa as back up.

Maybe Keegan really wants to give Taylor a good go at this thing and pair him up with Coloccini this season

Please no :( Cant be having Coloccini getting used to the Premier League with Taylor making mistakes left right and centre beside him all the time.

Fuck him.

Or.  The club have told him he can leave and Stoke is the only offer he's had so far.  I certainly don't hear anyone from the club saying they don't want to lose him.

One step forwards, two steps back if true.

Guest Geordie Boyo

Something oddly exciting about this. Surely something pretty substantial must be on the horizon now?

At the very least this is a sure sign that Coloccini will play this weekend right?

Maybe Keegan really wants to give Taylor a good go at this thing and pair him up with Coloccini this season, with Bassong and Cacapa as back up.

If this is true I really hope he does have something bigger & better up his sleeve. If two/three top class defenders were brought in then it would probably leave Faye to rot on the subs bench. If that's the case then I agree, because Faye is a player who deserves to be starting week in week out.

That is a big assumption though. We can only wait & see. Not looking too great at the mintute though...!

Fuck him.

:clap:

At last someone talking sense.

He really isn't that good anyway.

Apparently the price for Burdisso was only 5 million Euros so maybe he is the replacement.

Maybe Keegan just wants some centre backs with a bit more about them. Who Knows?

If we sign Burdisso he is able to play accross the back four, while Colo can do so also, as well as fill in at DM.

Let's be patient. I'm sure there will be some more positive news shortly.

Wish Faye all the best. He was really good for us.

Stoke are going to be one of the most intimidating sides in prem history. Goodness. Do they even have a player under 6 ft 2 anymore?

So we all now think he is great yet the people who work with him and train with him every day dont gave a clue ?

They wouldnt just off-load without knowing what they were doing or without a just reason. Have a little faith please.

If this is true I really hope he does have something bigger & better up his sleeve. If two/three top class defenders were brought in then it would probably leave Faye to rot on the subs bench. If that's the case then I agree, because Faye is a player who deserves to be starting week in week out.

That is a big assumption though. We can only wait & see. Not looking too great at the mintute though...!

especially as faye could stay to play DM if we were bringing in another CB...mass hallucination imo, we'll all eventually realise this never really happened when he's playing on sunday

ahem

Fuck him.

:clap:

At last someone talking sense.

He really isn't that good anyway.

Agreed.

So we all now think he is great yet the people who work with him and train with him every day dont gave a clue ?

They wouldnt just off-load without knowing what they were doing or without a just reason. Have a little faith please.

I don't think he's great, just a bit better than Taylor. If we are replacing him with a better player who we don't know about yet then fine, otherwise £2m is pointless.

disappointing if he gets sold. It`s like 2 steps forward with Colo signing then 1 step back with Faye leaving possibly.  With both of them in the centre of defence I`d be confident we`d not ship goals......certainly moreso than having Taylor in there.

Typical Newcatle this. As soon as we end up with buying 2 decent centre backs 1 ends up getting sold not long to undo the good work