Anyone ride a motorcycle or scooter?

Threelegs

I am so over traffic on my way to uni i'm considering getting one of the two. I would still have my car for other trips.

I need to get my bike license for any bike and any scooter over 50cc. Looking into them, a 125 would suit me.

To be honest I know scooters are 'gay' but ive ridden one when on holidays and they are a blast, and were reasonably easy to pick up. Ive never ridden a motorbike before and I think it would  be harder to pick up, and maybe more dangerous. Also motorbikes seem to be more expensive.

Also I know of a few bad motorbike stories. One of my mates hit one doing a right hand turn, he broke the riders leg, my friend lost his license for 18 months.  Later one of my friends' boyfriend got hit/or fell off, and slightly broke his neck. He had to walk around with one of those wire frames above his head.

I think about those 2 stories a bit, and then it stops me from thinking about it. However, maybe I should just man up and get one, cause it will give me happiness for sure.

http://www.scooterstyle.com.au/pics/Bolwell_sym_VS125_125cc_new_thumb_bigger.jpg Bolwell Scoota 125 $3000 new Aus

I think honestly though I will save up a while and get a motorbike (if anything), just because the scooter has a bit of a girly image. I find here. I dont know.

motorbike dangerous? ??? i am sure every motorbike has gear... well try lowest one O0... and make sure wearing helmet... some people don't wear helmet cause they think they will not look macho :lol: they really get their influence cause too much movie driving motorbike without helmet... :rolleyes:

motorbike dangerous? ??? i am sure every motorbike has gear... well try lowest one O0... and make sure wearing helmet... some people don't wear helmet cause they think they will not look macho :lol: they really get their influence cause too much movie driving motorbike without helmet... :rolleyes:

:lol:

Statistically they are a lot more dangerous than a car - some of that is that a lot are ridden by youngsters and some are ridden by lunatics but it's a risk you have to face

plus with the winter coming up do you REALLy want to be out inthe s***?????

Don't buy a scooter, they're absolute shit. Motorcycles are much better.

Of course the risk of injury is very similar if you come off, but I'd rather have the option of changing gear to manoeuvre out of a situation than be sat there revving a crappy automatic hoping something will happen. Plus they're miles more satisfying to ride, and you don't look like a lazy chav twat.

Most motorcycle accidents occur because idiots in cars dont pay enough attention to whats going on around them.

but lets face it, when the medics come to scrape you off the road do you really want them looking over at your scooter and calling you a sad [email protected]

or would you rather have them looking over at your Ducatti 900 and calling you a maniac?

Honestly there is no comparison, if you are over the age of 21 there is no way in hell you should be thinking of getting a twist and go.

Obviously, due to the fact you have to change gears, motorbikes are much harder to learn but they are a million times better.

Also, forget 125 as they are shite, you should be thinking a 250 minimum or maybe a 400 babyblade or anything up to a 600 like a fazer/bandit/hornet.

Does ayone know if the 3 wheeled Piaggio MP3 is any good? Girlfriend wants to get one to take the Bairn to school on. Well actually, she just wants a scooter but i thought the 3 wheeled thingy looked safer.

the father rides a motorbike (Kawasaki ER5).  Reckons its a fairly good bike, don't cost too much, easy to get replacement parts for.

Bought it for the very same reason as what you're looking at.  He was telling me he passed a Ferrari stuck in traffic on the central motorway the other day, as he was weaving past, and couldn't help but be childish and make a wanker gesture.

the father rides a motorbike (Kawasaki ER5).  Reckons its a fairly good bike, don't cost too much, easy to get replacement parts for.

Bought it for the very same reason as what you're looking at.  He was telling me he passed a Ferrari stuck in traffic on the central motorway the other day, as he was weaving past, and couldn't help but be childish and make a wanker gesture.

That was me, tell him I'm gonna fuck him when I see him.

Guest lankybellwipe

That was me, tell him I'm gonna fuck him when I see him.

I wouldget get a lambretta or something like that!

Because, being a lanky get, I could ride one to work, and while my knees are poking the mirrors out of alignment, I would blissfully assume people are laughing their tits off because I'm - riding a moped, and not because I look even more of a complete berk than the average mopedestrian!  O0

http://www.starwallpapers.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/suzuki_intruder_m_1800_r_2006_01_1024x7681.jpeg

http://www.orientexpress.com/images/VHRSuzuki/VHR18287-LRAF.jpg

http://www.bikez.com/pictures/suzuki/2006/22648_0_1_2_intruder%20m%201800%20r_Sarunas.jpg

Cheers guys for your opinions!

http://www.moto-station.com/ttesimages/motodivers/nouveautes2007/Honda_CBR125R_2007_rouge_stgz Honda CBR125 if I was going to get a bike.

Im in between jobs at the moment and only have a few grand which knowing me will be just spent on food, piss, and ciggies (living money) So i have to wait until I get another job before I take action.

I'm actually aware of more bikes/scooters on the road now.

Its like that phenonomon? where you see more of your own car, than you would than if you didnt have that car!