Tiago on loan?

Dave

Italian paper La Stampa reckons we've got an agreement with Juve to take him with a view to a 10m euro permanent move after a season. Just awaiting agreement from the player according to the story.

Links:

http://www.lastampa.it/multimedia/multimedia.asp?p=1&pm=1&IDmsezione=17&IDalbum=11576&tipo=#mpos

On the departures is increasingly closely goodbye to Tiago. The Portuguese seems destined to lead to Newcastle with the formula of the loan: the agreement between the companies is there, missing only the yes player.

http://www.brevesdefoot.com/news/18256/Juventus-Tiago-vers-Newcastle-.html

The Portuguese international medium ground of Juventus of Turin, Tiago, could be lent to Newcastle according to the Italian press. Stampa affirms this Wednesday in its columns that the two clubs would have put d' agreement about d' a loan of l' former player of l' Olympic Lyonese, including an option d' purchase at the end of the season estimated at 10 d' million; €uros. It would miss nothing any more but l' agreement of the player to officialize the transaction.

http://sport.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/Football/2008/08/13/Serie-A-Tiago-set-to-go-on-loan/

Tiago closes on Premier League return

by Adam Marshall, 13 August 2008

Juventus are believed to be willing to allow Tiago to move to England on loan with Newcastle United bidding to fend off rival interest from Everton to land the ex-Chelsea midfielder.

Newcastle's bid is further complicated by the fact that Atletico Madrid and Fenerbahce are also in the running and the player is thought to favour Spain as his next destination.

However, sources in Turin claim a deal has already been agreed in principle between Juve and Kevin Keegan's side with the final decision down to Tiago himself.

The 27-year-old left Chelsea for Lyon in 2005 but has failed to impress at Juventus since joining the club last year.

Newcastle are still trying to strengthen their squad ahead of Sunday's opener at Manchester United while Everton have lost Lee Carsley and Thomas Gravesen this summer.

Atletico could yet have the final say if they can come to an agreement with Juventus but the signs are that they will have to move quickly to head off the interest from England.

Guest shearer_206

Would be happy with this. We need a player who can score the odd few goals from central midfield as I'm not sure Guthrie's pre-season goal form will carry on into the Premiership.

Italian paper La Stampa reckons we've got an agreement with Juve to take him with a view to a 10m euro permanent move after a season. Just awaiting agreement from the player according to the story.

I'm trying to remember Tiago when he was at Chelski, would he be an improvement?

A loan deal is a good way to find out mind.

tiago is a very good midfielder and a step up from what we have, he was brillant for lyon when he went there then got the big move to juve, just hasnt adapted to italian football.  read a story weeks ago that said mourinho wanted him back at inter so think it will be a tough one to complete.

sure spurs have also had a long interest but i guess that ended with the modric signing,jol?

So if he comes our best midfield would be?

Guthrie\Colo 

Jonas                      Duff

Tiago

So Left Back and Striker to fill before the end of Aug.

tiago is a very good midfielder and a step up from what we have, he was brillant for lyon when he went there then got the big move to juve, just hasnt adapted to italian football.  read a story weeks ago that said mourinho wanted him back at inter so think it will be a tough one to complete.

sure spurs have also had a long interest but i guess that ended with the modric signing,jol?

He turned Spurs down.

Guest Guinness

This would be a great move, even more so on loan. He's a classy player but hasn't had the best of times recently so a loan would be ideal, hopefully there's some truth in this one.

Would be an excellent move. In fact I wouldn't be upset if we just bought him outright for the £6 million.

Tiago is a holding player who is more of a playmaker. Similar in style to a Xavi Alonso or Michael Carrick. Will also score the odd goal.

Would be an excellent move. In fact I wouldn't be upset if we just bought him outright for the £6 million.

Tiago is a holding player who is more of a playmaker. Similar in style to a Xavi Alonso or Michael Carrick. Will also score the odd goal.

So a line up of this would be better?

Jonas      Tiago      Zoggy

Duff

Looks like it'd be more like £8m according to the reports above.