Play The Game - 08/09 - Squads Assigned

ElDiablo

Okay, a few of us tried this last year and after initially a good start i think everyone forgot about it and neglected it a bit, I know I did. :laugh: But it is a good system and much better than the boring - you have 50m, go pick the best players in the league format of other FF games. For those who don't know I'll explain what goes into it:

• The maximum number of players in one league is 20, this is because each player is assigned a squad of assorted premiership players based on how they rank them (you don't have to rank every single player, i did about the first 50 that took about 10 mins, i imagine everyone's top 50 or so will be morealess the same so it will be evened out) so basically no player will be in two different teams.
  • After you have had your squad assigned you can complete as many transfers and you like. The transfers are swap based so you will have to identify a player in your team you wish to swap for someone's elses, they have to accept the offer obviosuly before the transfer goes through.
  • Then scoring starts just the same as a normal fantasy football league
  • You can still swap players after the season has started

I realise I have left this far too late but then again there is only 19 places to fill. I'm the chairman of the league and have set up a private league which you can join by signing up here: http://playthegame.timesonline.co.uk/soccer/times_login.asp, ranking your players and selecting join league. The league is called Newcastle Online and the password is Keegan. You have until midday Friday to rank your players as that's the time I've selected for the squads to be assigned in time for the start of the season.

Join innit.

How does this work? Im moving as many people as a i want onto a wish list rather than creating a sqaud ???

You rank the players on who you want in your team, so say you put Torres at the top of your list he's the player your most likely to get etc. You don't have to do it for every player, just the ones that are actually decent and worth having in a squad (in your opinion)

Where do i pick the team?  ???

When you create a team the rules are there quite clearly. Try reading them. You dont pick a squad you only rate the players you'd want and the game puts them to the teams on Friday.

Where do i pick the team?  ???

When you create a team the rules are there quite clearly. Try reading them. You dont pick a squad you only rate the players you'd want and the game puts them to the teams on Friday.

is this the wish list?