Football Coaching

Guest Stephen927

Guest Stephen927

Anybody else here interested or is currently gaining their badges?

Going to a one day course on Saturday about the basics of coaching etc and hopefully from there I'll get an opportunity to do some volunteering at a local football club coaching kids while I study for my level 1 FA.

Quite interested and excited about getting involved in it.

Going to a one day course on Saturday about the basics of coaching etc and hopefully from there I'll get an opportunity to do some volunteering at a local football club coaching kids while I study for my level 1 FA.

My brother in law has just done his a three day course, so he can coach at Granger Park Boys..

Guest Stephen927

Doing my level one and to this year then going to America to coach

I'd love to do something like that eventually, I'd imagine you'd learn bucketloads and it'd stand you in good stead.

I'd love to do something like that eventually, I'd imagine you'd learn bucketloads and it'd stand you in good stead.

Aye its quite easy to get in as well

Earn quite alot as well i am only young and can get in with a few months experience so you should go for it

Guest Heneage

I haven't the time to get badges, but would love to be manager of a team. I took my brothers team for one tournament along with my Dad, Of the first team 5 were missing, we got them to the final and we robbed after a lad should have been sent off for spitting and kicking another lad in the semi's was the most crooked game i'd ever watched.

Guest Stephen927

Earn quite alot as well i am only young and can get in with a few months experience so you should go for it

How would I get involved with something like that? I want to get a bit experience coaching the kids and gaining a couple badges before I think about anything like that for a while yet.

Whereabouts are you going to be coaching in the USA? Gullit's been sacked, get on the next flight :p

How would I get involved with something like that? I want to get a bit experience coaching the kids and gaining a couple badges before I think about anything like that for a while yet.

Whereabouts are you going to be coaching in the USA? Gullit's been sacked, get on the next flight :p

There is loads about i am hoping to go to california

For information there is loads on the net or i can give you a few websites when you need them

The FA also has a programme

It pays about 250 quid a week goes up with the amount of badges and once you have paid for your flight then the rest is free such as accomodation

The coaching standards change from county to county. I'm a registered referee with Derbyshire FA & got my level 1 coaching badge there. I was never much of a footballer but loved the fitness & training aspect. It's great fun and if you do summer courses with schools like my ex girlfriend did you can earn about £15-£25 an hour. It's really rewarding in alot of ways.

Saying that though, refereeing at county level is a nightmare.

Guest Stephen927

For information there is loads on the net or i can give you a few websites when you need them

It pays about 250 quid a week goes up with the amount of badges and once you have paid for your flight then the rest is free such as accomodation

Sounds great, almost too good to be true :D I'll drop you a PM when the time comes.

I'm same as you fatwax, though I was a good goalie in Primary School (I was the tallest in the school  :lol:)

I'm really interested in the coaching side too though I'm not sure how far I'll be able to take it or how good I'll be just yet.

Im doing the level 1 course next week, really looking forward to it, just now anyway. Im just about to start my final year of my coaching degree so im trying to get as many badges as possible. Has anyone else on here done the level 1?  

Sounds great, almost too good to be true :D I'll drop you a PM when the time comes.

I'm same as you fatwax, though I was a good goalie in Primary School (I was the tallest in the school  :lol:)

I'm really interested in the coaching side too though I'm not sure how far I'll be able to take it or how good I'll be just yet.

Anytime you need it mate.

My mate just got back went with the same people i am going with and he loved it

Guest Stephen927

Sounds class Supertoon, I was reading a while ago about how when you do the higher badges experience in other countries is vital? Would be good to get that out the way nice and early while your still learning and getting into it.

Do you know whether degrees in coaching will be needed? It's an area am not really sure on.

EDIT: I was also a striker but I wasn't too keen on leaving the oppositions box, was one of the main reasons I was lumped in goal. Still, one positive was I was first person picked cos I didn't mind getting hurt to stop a shot  :lol:

i did my level 1 badge three weeks ago, went for the intensive week long course at northumberland fa in benton, right next to the nufc training ground actually. I really enjoyed it, the guy teaching was great at his job, very friendly and had a lot of experience for someone so young i thought. its fairly simple stuff but just gets you in the mindset of how to deal with youngsters. i'd recommend it to anyone that fancies it really. I'm starting some coaching for north shields fc in september, i used to play for them when i was younger so i've come full circle really, good stuff.

Sounds class Supertoon, I was reading a while ago about how when you do the higher badges experience in other countries is vital? Would be good to get that out the way nice and early while your still learning and getting into it.

Do you know whether degrees in coaching will be needed? It's an area am not really sure on.

A degree is not needed get your first two badges and some experience and your in mate

Leads to lots of job opportunities as well

Guest Stephen927

i did my level 1 badge three weeks ago, went for the intensive week long course at northumberland fa in benton, right next to the nufc training ground actually. I really enjoyed it, the guy teaching was great at his job, very friendly and had a lot of experience for someone so young i thought. its fairly simple stuff but just gets you in the mindset of how to deal with youngsters. i'd recommend it to anyone that fancies it really. I'm starting some coaching for north shields fc in september, i used to play for them when i was younger so i've come full circle really, good stuff.

Do you know the prices? My mate had his paid for by the club he's volunteering for, but I don't want to take anything like that for granted.

Guest Stephen927

Just got back about ten minutes ago.

It was more of a general youth thing about how to set up games, how to make sure things are safe and it involved a fair amount of running around and playing games that were led by other people there, then you'd run one as part of a group.

Was very fun.

Guest Geordie_Paul

Aye i got offered the same thing with my course last year, done my Level 1 in Football mate, you'll pass it no bother it's a piece of piss! Also been doing coaching at college for 2 years and am now enrolled on a HE Access Course in Sport Studies and Coaching. Currently work for Northumbria Uni as a Sport Recreation Officer and sometimes help Newcastle College coach their disabled football team (bloody hard work i tell ya). After you have done the coaching over in America i think you also get an opportunity to travel the country as thats what i was offered, but work and family commitments stopped me.

Go fot it pal, it will be good experience!!

Guest diddimz

Got my Seniors coaching badge a couple years back, when i was playing much more seriously. Never did coach a seniors team, did everything from kids to under 16 girl's. Have been debating about going for higher qualifications when i get the chance, but Im still playing so dont think i will just yet, wait a few years before i do.

Guest Stephen927

Aye i got offered the same thing with my course last year, done my Level 1 in Football mate, you'll pass it no bother it's a piece of piss! Also been doing coaching at college for 2 years and am now enrolled on a HE Access Course in Sport Studies and Coaching. Currently work for Northumbria Uni as a Sport Recreation Officer and sometimes help Newcastle College coach their disabled football team (bloody hard work i tell ya). After you have done the coaching over in America i think you also get an opportunity to travel the country as thats what i was offered, but work and family commitments stopped me.

Go fot it pal, it will be good experience!!

Yeah thats the way I see it, I reckon it'll be something I really enjoy, I'm completely sick of education so I figure something like coaching getting out there and teaching and organising sessions will be a nice change.

My mate manages an under 8 team so hopefully I'll get to manage alongside him in an assistant managers role while I get my level 1, should be good fun.

Guest Heneage

Does the badges cost anything? And when it comes to the actual management are you given or club or do you have to find one.