Patrick McGuiness

Guest lankybellwipe

Guest lankybellwipe

I see 'Rory & Paddys' Great Adventure' is on C5

Do you agree, like me, that without the help of schoolfriend, Peter 'Garlic Bread' Kay, Patrick McGuiness would be working behind the counter at Greggs, and not slurping their pasties in a van in a car park?

Talk about 'back door man'

Do you agree, like me, that without the help of schoolfriend, Peter 'Garlic Bread' Kay, Patrick McGuiness would be working behind the counter at Greggs, and not slurping their pasties in a van in a car park?

Kay has went to shit since he stopped writing with Dave Spikey/Neil Fitzmaurice and went with McGuinness. Max & Paddy was awful, after the brilliance of That Peter Kay Thing and Pheonix Nights. I wonder how much longer Kay is going to recycle the same routine when releasing DVDs, his last one was pathetic, the same jokes as his first DVDs but with mongs talking about garlic bread, hob nobs etc in between.

They're meant to be doing a 3rd since of Pheonix Nights aswell, without Spikey/Fitzmaurice aswell. :(

Kay has went to shit since he stopped writing with Dave Spikey/Neil Fitzmaurice and went with McGuinness. Max & Paddy was awful, after the brilliance of That Peter Kay Thing and Pheonix Nights. I wonder how much longer Kay is going to recycle the same routine when releasing DVDs, his last one was pathetic, the same jokes as his first DVDs but with mongs talking about garlic bread, hob nobs etc in between.

They're meant to be doing a 3rd since of Pheonix Nights aswell, without Spikey/Fitzmaurice aswell. :(

Has he fell out with spikey?

I do agree, he should never have grown past his part in PN's the guy simply isn't funny on his own.

Read somewhere they don't speak anymore.

Read somewhere they don't speak anymore.

Quite sad really.

Guest Redcar Mag

I saw his stand-up show at Billingham Forum. He did about 45 minutes. Half of it was moderate material and the other half was picking questions/comments from a bucket that had been left in the foyer before the show (like a poor mans Live at the Apollo).

One of the weakest stand-ups I've seen (and I've seen loads).

Bang on HoH. :nods:

Had high hopes for Kay but the old jokes are wearing very thin. His first 2 dvd's were superb, as were PN 1 & 2 and the Peter Kay thing but he's done fuck all since.

A genuine shame.

Kay has went to s*** since he stopped writing with Dave Spikey/Neil Fitzmaurice and went with McGuinness. Max & Paddy was awful, after the brilliance of That Peter Kay Thing and Pheonix Nights. I wonder how much longer Kay is going to recycle the same routine when releasing DVDs, his last one was pathetic, the same jokes as his first DVDs but with mongs talking about garlic bread, hob nobs etc in between.

Bang on HoH. :nods:

Had high hopes for Kay but the old jokes are wearing very thin. His first 2 dvd's were superb, as were PN 1 & 2 and the Peter Kay thing but he's done f*** all since.

A genuine shame.

I loved that one he did years ago, 'The Services'

That mentally unstable scotch bloke selling car breakdown cover was genious  mackems.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXDP0uPIcNo

Russell Howard is very funny.

Patrick McGuiness is about as funny as Martin McGuiness, ie not at all.

And while we're at it, other than the excellent Phoenix NIghts, which was made excellent by Spikey and Neil Fitz-thingy more than him, Peter Kay is entirely unfunny.

Guest optimistic nit

i dont find russell howard funny at all tbh. only seen mock the week (although not any recent mock the weeks, maybe hes improved), and maybe 1 stand up. hes the sort of comedian you really want to be funny, and some of the things he says give me a laugh, but usually im forcing it out.

Dave has not fallen out with Peter or vice versa, they have gone seperate ways and they still speak, as for PN, i agree it was all down to the skill of NF and Lord Spikey, as for paddy.......................................

Russell Howard is very funny.

Patrick McGuiness is about as funny as Martin McGuiness, ie not at all.

And while we're at it, other than the excellent Phoenix NIghts, which was made excellent by Spikey and Neil Fitz-thingy more than him, Peter Kay is entirely unfunny.

That Peter Kay thing was really good also-especially the Ice cream man one!!!I quite liked Max and Paddy also FWIW.McGuiness stinks as a stand up though.