Goodfellas is overrated, and actually pretty shit. Yes im 'busting your balls'!

Threelegs

I used the search topic for Goodfellas, and all the little snippets of the posts you could see were from people who were :fwap: off over it.

Im not saying it was shithouse and I had no high expectations or it or anything. However, nothing really happens in it. No characters were likeable at all. I couldnt relate to any of the characters. It was so long, I was waiting for it to finish.

After thinking about it, it was even less enjoyable than it was at the time.

On the other hand I thought 'The Departed' was amazing.

Maybe Goodfellas was more for wogs. I dont know. Looking up IMDB etc, everyone loves it.

What do the movie nerds like happy think?

For me, one of the best films ever made. Based on a true story aint it? So probably why it can't have something other than the near truth happening in it. Also relate to any of the characters? Sorry im not a Italian gangster, im pretty happy not to relate tbh.

It is a long film, but for me feels just right, a film i've watched several times, superb acting all the way through keeps you watching again and again.

The Departed is a great film as well.

Wogs?

I only saw Departed last weekend. Although I enjoyed it, I didnt think that Jack Nicholson was a very believable mob boss. Not scary enough if even at all. I think in Goodfellas, you did get the impression that if you came face to face with someone like Joe Pesci's character, you would just instantly shit yourself.

In some respects, and its like The Sopranos, there isnt a definable story with a beginning and an end, its meant as a window into the day to day lives of the mafia and what their lifestyles are like.

I only saw Departed last weekend. Although I enjoyed it, I didnt think that Jack Nicholson was a very believable mob boss. Not scary enough if even at all. I think in Goodfellas, you did get the impression that if you came face to face with someone like Joe Pesci's character, you would just instantly shit yourself.

In some respects, and its like The Sopranos, there isnt a definable story with a beginning and an end, its meant as a window into the day to day lives of the mafia and what their lifestyles are like.

Isn't it the story of the rise and fall of Henry Hill?

Ascends to prominence from relative nothingness, before having it all collapse around him as he ends up becoming a snitch, the lowest of the low, and ratting out all the guys who'd taken him in and made him one of their own?

Isn't it the story of the rise and fall of Henry Hill?

Ascends to prominence from relative nothingness, before having it all collapse around him as he ends up becoming a snitch, the lowest of the low, and ratting out all the guys who'd taken him in and made him one of their own?

I think your right. I am no knowledgable movie fan.. i probably just have kept my mouth shut  :-[

Joe Pesci in Goodfellas is one scary fuker like.

The term   'Nasty little b******' could never be more apt.

tho, having just typed that, Dennis wise then sprung to mind a possibly more apt?

Joe Pesci in Goodfellas is one scary fuker like.

The term   'Nasty little b******' could never be more apt.

tho, having just typed that, Dennis wise then sprung to mind a possibly more apt?

Yeah i think so, Tommy DeVito was simply something else, one of the big time screen villains imo.

I used the search topic for Goodfellas, and all the little snippets of the posts you could see were from people who were :fwap: off over it.

Im not saying it was shithouse and I had no high expectations or it or anything. However, nothing really happens in it. No characters were likeable at all. I couldnt relate to any of the characters. It was so long, I was waiting for it to finish.

After thinking about it, it was even less enjoyable than it was at the time.

On the other hand I thought 'The Departed' was amazing.

Maybe Goodfellas was more for wogs. I dont know. Looking up IMDB etc, everyone loves it.

What do the movie nerds like happy think?

I like it.

Ok well sorry then people. Here it is a common word that is said in jest, a bit of fun. Ok to digress, most of the greek, lebonese, italian people i know adore this movie.

A wog is a slur meaning black people with its origins in the little golly wog toys.

You're thinking of wop, from the italian word "guappo" (which means criminal or something iirc).

Ok well sorry then people. Here it is a common word that is said in jest, a bit of fun. Ok to digress, most of the greek, lebonese, italian people i know adore this movie.

A wog is a slur meaning black people with its origins in the little golly wog toys.

You're thinking of wop, from the italian word "guappo" (which means criminal or something iirc).

Wog is a very mild slur in Australia meaning European. Sure we've had this on here before.

Guest lankybellwipe

Wog is a very mild slur in Australia meaning European. Sure we've had this on here before.

I thought wog meant 'I have just opened my jar of marmelade' ?