Matt Le Tissier's Suprise Package: Newcastle

Guest neesy111

Guest neesy111

http://www.skysports.com/experts/expert_story/0,19793,12085_3981149,00.html

Surprise package

A lot of people are saying Newcastle are going to finish in the bottom half, but they're the sort of team who might get some momentum going. I don't think they're going to be up there battling for trophies, but I don't think they'll be scrapping it out at the bottom. And with Kevin Keegan at the helm, they have the potential to challenge for a European spot.

the only decent pundit on it tbh

Surprise package

A lot of people are saying Newcastle are going to finish in the bottom half, but they're the sort of team who might get some momentum going. I don't think they're going to be up there battling for trophies, but I don't think they'll be scrapping it out at the bottom. And with Kevin Keegan at the helm, they have the potential to challenge for a European spot.

The only reason you say he's decent is because he says some nice things about us.

He is right in one respect though, we are not going to be struglling at the bottom of the table, like some have suggested, we'll be firmly in the middle, no danger of going down but unless we get our act together over the next few weeks and make some purchases, not going to trouble the euro hopefulls :(

Guest neesy111

Surprise package

The only reason you say ghe's decent is because he says some nice things about us.

He is right in one respect though, we are not going to be struglling at the bottom of the table, like some have suggested, we'll be firmly in the middle, no danger of going down but unless we get our act together over the next few weeks and make some purchases, not going to trouble the euro hopefulls :(

every other pundit has said keegan's got his hand's tied etc, they are all the same i.e. lawro

Guest Guinness

Nice to hear someone talk about us in a positive way for a change, so far every Premiership preview has us struggling. It's possibly a good thing that no one expects a lot from us, hopefully other teams think the same and we can surprise a few people.

Nice to hear someone talk about us in a positive way for a change, so far every Premiership preview has us struggling. It's possibly a good thing that no one expects a lot from us, hopefully other teams think the same and we can surprise a few people.

It can work both ways, a lot of teams in the past, especially at St James, have shown us too much respect, they've sat back and hoped to get a draw or sneak a win. That's sometimes worked in our favour, I think Everton for example are a team that comes up to Newcastle hoping for a result rather than expecting one. Villa last season, with a bit more ambition could have easily wlaked away with 3 points. However some teams, like Portsmouth last year have woken up to the reality that SJP is not the fortress it once was, they showed us very little respect and got their rewards.

If teams come to SJP and try to win the game, thinking we are a soft touch, then it'll surely raise the entertainment factor, we might win the odd game we would have  drawn in previous seasons but some teams will be rewarded which would worry me as we've always been very relient on our home form.

It can work both ways, a lot of teams in the past, especially at St James, have shown us too much respect, they've sat back and hoped to get a draw or sneak a win. That's sometimes worked in our favour, I think Everton for example are a team that comes up to Newcastle hoping for a result rather than expecting one. Villa last season, with a bit more ambition could have easily wlaked away with 3 points. However some teams, like Portsmouth last year have woken up to the reality that SJP is not the fortress it once was, they showed us very little respect and got their rewards.

If teams come to SJP and try to win the game, thinking we are a soft touch, then it'll surely raise the entertainment factor, we might win the odd game we would have  drawn in previous seasons but some teams will be rewarded which would worry me as we've always been very relient on our home form.

Interestingly enough i reckon the bigger clubs i.e the top four come to Newcastle expecting a tough game regardless of form and ability etc. It's because of this that we can often gets spanked off the big clubs, it's as if they double their effort.

I suspect next season we might be able to suprise a few sides and give teams around us the odd hiding.

Interestingly enough i reckon the bigger clubs i.e the top four come to Newcastle expecting a tough game regardless of form and ability etc. It's because of this that we can often gets spanked off the big clubs, it's as if they double their effort.

I suspect next season we might be able to suprise a few sides and give teams around us the odd hiding.

True, they have often raised their games thinking we are more of a challenge than we actually are, as I said I think it can work both ways.