Juande Ramos

Tooj

With the squad he is building at Spurs I dont think English is a requirement anymore is it

According to Spurs' OS, there are 13 British players in the first team squad.  There would have been 14 earlier in the day but Gardner has now gone.

According to Newcastle's OS, there are 9 British players in the first team squad.  Add Guthrie to that, 10 in total.

With the squad he is building at Spurs I dont think English is a requirement anymore is it

According to Spurs' OS, there are 13 British players in the first team squad.  There would have been 14 earlier in the day but Gardner has now gone.

According to Newcastle's OS, there are 9 British players in the first team squad.  Add Guthrie to that, 10 in total.

And how many of them came through your youth system?

Guest kingdawson

why does that matter? 1 if you really want to know.

Not sure of the significance of that, but 2 were in the Academy.  Isn't the most important point the fact that Ramos gave a debut to O'Hara rather than buy abroad?  Ramos gave a debut to Adam Smith against Roma and he officially is still in the Academy.  With other players such as Rose, Townsend, Archibald-Henville, Mason, Bostock and Parrett coming through the Academy, some to the reserves, some on loan, it can't be argued that English (British) youth isn't being given it's opportunity, even if some were recruited from other clubs to join our Academy.

O'Hara went through our Academy even though he did start out in the scum's.

Not sure of the significance of that, but 2 were in the Academy.  Isn't the most important point the fact that Ramos gave a debut to O'Hara rather than buy abroad?  Ramos gave a debut to Adam Smith against Roma and he officially is still in the Academy. 

It is good he gave a British player a debut rather than buying someone in from the wealth of nations out there.

Well the point was made about English players, now you clame you have more than us, and yet they have all come from other teams. Lennon, Huddlestone, Bostock etc. Therefore your not really producing them just reaping the benefits of other smaller teams, whereas Newcastle a fair few which saw first team action Huntington, Taylor, Edgar, Ramage etc. Actually came through our ranks and if you were to look at our actual full squad list there is five or six more youth players that have come through and are in the squad.

Give it another 2 seasons and look at the figures. I am not following your squad in any great depth so i accept if I am wrong but it seems fairly plain to me that he is going along similar lines as Rafa Benitez and filling his squad full of mainly foreign players.

Well the point was made about English players, now you clame you have more than us, and yet they have all come from other teams. Lennon, Huddlestone, Bostock etc. Therefore your not really producing them just reaping the benefits of other smaller teams, whereas Newcastle a fair few which saw first team action Huntington, Taylor, Edgar, Ramage etc. Actually came through our ranks and if you were to look at our actual full squad list there is five or six more youth players that have come through and are in the squad.

I wasn't including those that went through the Academy, played in the first team and then departed, such as Marney, Ifil, Kelly, Jackson and Yeates to name but a few.  I also stuck to British players, Edgar is Canadian I believe.

He's half Canadian, I think his Dad is Canadian or something

Sure his dad moved over there at some point as his dad is local I believe. As me fatha used to play in the same team as him as a bairn.

Guest Chubby Jason

Better than Steve McClaren I bet.

Apologies if anyone has mentioned this yet but have you seen McClown's latest interview on youtube? Where he's speaking in a bizarre Dutch accent?

One of the strangest things you will see all season.

Apologies if anyone has mentioned this yet but have you seen McClown's latest interview on youtube? Where he's speaking in a bizarre Dutch accent?

I haven't actually. Care to show me?

Guest Chubby Jason

I haven't actually. Care to show me?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8oN58cyp2c