Going Home: Theme Of The Local Hero is back for good

Luc
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Nah just taking the piss :lol:  Still I agree with everyone who loves the tune, its synonomous with Newcastle United to me and I can only imagine that those who didn't miss it weren't around last time Keegan was manager.

You weren't joking I bet  :lol:

You'd lose a bet then, I actually posted the second message before I even read any responses to the first, just left enough time to see if I got a bite..  Just shows the state of internet forums that anyone could actually believe I was being serious :lol:

:lol:

Only you will ever know! Only you!

I'd go as far as to say anyone who doesn't love the song isn't a Newcastle fan.

It's not a song, it's a piece of music.. and it's crap.

'If the Kids are United' by Sham 69 would be far better.

all imho of course.

That's a cockney song :knuppel2:

I know, its even got a cockney chirping away at the start.. can you imagine that shit playing at St James park?, makes me feel ill  :kasper:

Nah just taking the piss :lol:  Still I agree with everyone who loves the tune, its synonomous with Newcastle United to me and I can only imagine that those who didn't miss it weren't around last time Keegan was manager.

You weren't joking I bet  :lol:

You'd lose a bet then, I actually posted the second message before I even read any responses to the first, just left enough time to see if I got a bite..  Just shows the state of internet forums that anyone could actually believe I was being serious :lol:

:lol:

Only you will ever know! Only you!

I am the one!

And get Graeme Danby to sing Blaydon Races before big games like he did against the macums last season.

I'm sure Keane's rabble completely lost their bottle when they walked out into that atmosphere.

Now that would be class, I had a tear in my eye watching that bloke stroll around the park in his tight pants, waving his flag and belting out the anthem... *sniff*

As a non-Geordie I thought it was one of the classiest things about your club. No lyrics, no fireworks, no overblown pomposity just a damn fine piece of music which said "I can only be in St. James' Park".

Always liked this post. :thup:

As a non-Geordie I thought it was one of the classiest things about your club. No lyrics, no fireworks, no overblown pomposity just a damn fine piece of music which said "I can only be in St. James' Park".

Make it your signature!

all imho of course.

I know, its even got a cockney chirping away at the start.. can you imagine that s*** playing at St James park?, makes me feel ill  :kasper:

Jimmy Percy > Sting  :lol:

Hell yeah :clap:

Guest optimistic nit

Hell yeah :clap:

aye. i really like it, ive got to say.

all imho of course.

I know, its even got a cockney chirping away at the start.. can you imagine that s*** playing at St James park?, makes me feel ill  :kasper:

You mean Jimmy Pursey..  He's a tosser, much like Sting just without the few good songs :)

all imho of course.

You mean Jimmy Pursey..  He's a tosser, much like Sting :)

Aye that's him, Jimmy's got big lugs, that's plain to see, but no ones as big a tosser as Sting.

Giddup sausage. Gannin' Yem / Lurcal Herurr back for good leik. Seriously though I'm glad it's back in all honesty as it should be. Even players here in the past have said they loved running out to that tune. It's synonymous with the club and really gets everyone fired up.

We played 'If The Kids Are United' last season. Doesn't bring anything to the party for me.

I thought it sounded alright :)  although pretty much anything played over that PA sounds crap unless its compressed to fuck.

Local hero sounds like cheap advert music.

Shame. Crappy tune by one of the most boring musicians ever to come out of Newcastle. The whole "local hero" idea has something sadly provincial about it. I want us to be national heroes, or international heroes.

Wrong on every count!!

Its not easy to be as '100% completely inaccurate' (every single word) as this post is.

Shame. Crappy tune by one of the most boring musicians ever to come out of Newcastle. The whole "local hero" idea has something sadly provincial about it. I want us to be national heroes, or international heroes.

Wrong on every count!!

Its not easy to be as '100% completely inaccurate' (every single word) as this post is.

a) It's a crap tune. Face it.

b) What's interesting about Mark Knopfler? I can barely type his name without dozing off. Dire Straits were one of the crappest bands ever.

c) How come ir's "100 percent wrong" to want us to be more than local heroes. Happy with mid-table mediocrity, are you?

Wrong on every count!!

Rubbish.

a) It's a crap tune. Face it.

b) What's interesting about Mark Knopfler? I can barely type his name without dozing off. Dire Straits were one of the crappest bands ever.

c) How come ir's "100 percent wrong" to want us to be more than local heroes. Happy with mid-table mediocrity, are you?

Rubbish.