ACL knee reconstruction

Magpie

It's a great laugh, you'll love it. :thup:

Seriously though just make sure you do your physio afterwards or it'll all be for nowt. The first day or so after is a bit of a mare but after that you start to manage. The cunt is making yourself do your rehab because it's very montonous stuff.

As for going into the surgery, my tactic was to completely ignore what was about to happen as best I could and just trust that the doctors know what they're at because their's nowt you can do at the end of the day. Weird experience getting the anesthetic and then just lying there thinking "Fuck, I'm gonna pass out any second now" and then waking up shivering like a piece of jelly seconds later.

But you'll be fine, try not to worry.

Seriously though just make sure you do your physio afterwards or it'll all be for nowt. The first day or so after is a bit of a mare but after that you start to manage. The c*** is making yourself do your rehab because it's very montonous stuff.

As for going into the surgery, my tactic was to completely ignore what was about to happen as best I could and just trust that the doctors know what they're at because their's nowt you can do at the end of the day. Weird experience getting the anesthetic and then just lying there thinking "f***, I'm gonna pass out any second now" and then waking up shivering like a piece of jelly seconds later.

I'm probably more worried about the anaesthetic than owt else!! Don't know why!?!

I've also been told the day after is a bit of nightmare....your leg's bruised and swollen like nowt right then they come along and tell you to bend the fucker. Not looking forward to that in the slightest.

Cheers for the advice though mate, just got to realise that in a few weeks the worst will be over and I'll be on the road to recovery!!

Guest lankybellwipe

Seriously though just make sure you do your physio afterwards or it'll all be for nowt. The first day or so after is a bit of a mare but after that you start to manage. The cunt is making yourself do your rehab because it's very montonous stuff.

As for going into the surgery, my tactic was to completely ignore what was about to happen as best I could and just trust that the doctors know what they're at because their's nowt you can do at the end of the day. Weird experience getting the anesthetic and then just lying there thinking "Fuck, I'm gonna pass out any second now" and then waking up shivering like a piece of jelly seconds later.

Shak is spot on there mate!

Any pain endured is worth double with your loved one!

Going in for this done on Monday. Anyone else been lucky enough to have this procedure done?!?! What can I expect?!?!

http://www.jointreconstruction.com/kneeinjury/kneerec.htm

Well, as Gazza said -

"ouch, giz a pint landlord!"

HAHAHA Cheers mate!!! Bricking it a fair bit like, first op I've ever had. Wish I could stop reading up on it, makes me worse!!

Mate ops are nothing, you are fucked off your tits for it, you will have pain after it, but nothing too extreme

Weirdly I just had mine done yesterday, and yes I can confirm that it is a right cunt! Got them to let me out on the same day because I kept kicking up a fuss about not wanting to stay in the filthy cockroach ridden pit of a hospital.

Shak is right about the anaesthetic, I was like ''doo doo doo how long does this take to knock me out?'' then a second later i woke up with a slamming hottie of a nurse stroking my hand telling me it was all finished, mental!

Its not as painfull as i thought it would be to be honest (havent bothered with morphine because it meant would have to stay in) but i find it is fine if you just keep still, moving around wrecks though. Was in tears last night trying to get into bed like, is easier moving about today though as my quad muscle seems to have started working again.

The whole bending your kne thing is ridiculous though, got in a massive argument with the physio when she tried to make me do it, tried to explain that it was physically impossible as they had tied fucking bandages around my knee!

do you know which hospital you are getting it done at?

Well it was meanrt to be UHND but the kind folks at the NHS have kindly decided to pay for me to have it done at the Spire (formerly Bupa) hospital in Washington ;)

Aye I wondering about the bend cos like you say they put bandages round it so I would imagne that would restrict the movment straight away?

Good luck mate, a wise person once said:

"No matter what you are having done, NOTHING is ever as bad as you think it is going to be".

I know it is hard to believe now but just keep that quote in your mind and you'll be fine.

Regarding your knee the nearest ive had to that is a severely sprained ankle about 10 years ago. :lol: 

Insignificant in comparison but I was in agony moving it for a couple of days but I milked it in the end for a week off school! :lol:

Hello mate, I had mine done 1st August last year, operation no problem, on crutches for about 5 days, rehabilitation a lot better than I thought it would be, my knee is like a new one now, the only problems I have is arthiritis but that is down to 25 years football and knee injuries. You will be fine mate.