Has Owen got another long term injury?

Decky

Long term as in 8 weeks plus. He wasnt involved in pre season games and it seems he wont be involed against Man Utd. So what is that? 3 weeks? I havent exactly been on top of Micheal Owen news recently so maybe some press release was made, but have we heard anything solid about his injury? Im just worried that no pre season and missing the start of the season will have us with yet another period of Owen getting used to the game, getting fully match fit again etc, and can we guarentee he wont be injured again in the process? Fucking shit tbh

Probably just keeping him away from the possibility of another injury until the season starts. We're going to need as much of his as we can get. It'd be ridiculous if he went down from a clumsy challenge in a meaningless game.

Probably just keeping him away from the possibility of another injury until the season starts. We're going to need as much of his as we can get. It'd be ridiculous if he went down from a clumsy challenge in a meaningless game.

But surely like every other player he needs to get match fit? It seems pointless protecting him like this if what you say is true, i mean if he is so fragile then surely playing him in any game is a risk?

they said he was 3 weeks behind not 8.

he didn't miss all of pre season training.

They say a lot about Owen most of it is utter shit, mumps for fks sake, come on man does it take that long to recover from it?

They say a lot about Owen most of it is utter s***, mumps for fks sake, come on man does it take that long to recover from it?

like chicken pox it takes longer to recover and is usually more debilitating for an adult.

They say a lot about Owen most of it is utter s***, mumps for fks sake, come on man does it take that long to recover from it?

like chicken pox it takes longer to recover and is usually more debilitating for an adult.

I hear it can shrink ya bollocks to ?

there waas always rumours that it could cause sterility. don't know how true it is.

had chicken pox in my early 30's. took 8 weeks to be properly over ir.

Exact opposite of that I believe AND incredibly painfull

Newcastle United 8 K LuaLua Sprained Ankle no return date 

A Faye Calf Muscle Strain 17th Aug 08 very doubtful

O Martins Knee Injury 17th Aug 08 doubtful

M Owen Calf Muscle Strain 17th Aug 08 very doubtful

S Ameobi Hamstring Injury 17th Aug 08 very doubtful

A Carroll Ankle/Foot Injury 31st Aug 08 

W Ngo Baheng ACL Knee Injury Jan 09 

M Viduka Achilles Tendinopathy 6th Sep 08 

Get some sleep, Decky.

Brilliant reply

Apologies, a more detailed reply for you. First off, to worry that Owen has a long term injury (8 weeks +) after missing three weeks, as stated in your OP, is a little bit OTT. He's only just missed out on tomorrow's game, so chill out.

More to the point, after the last three years, I'm past worrying. Whatever we get out of Owen, I view as a bonus. Owen will get injured again, or miss games through illness. Mentioned in another thread that he is taking immuno-supressants following his knee op? Wouldn't be surprised if he misses most of the winter with viruses!