The NUFC Box Office - New Ticketing Fiasco!

Crumpy Gunt

Ordered 17 tickets in total for Manc game.

7 on 11th - arrived 12th.

Ordered 7 on 4th Aug. They posted them out to three different addresses. Right hassle yesterday trying to locate them.

Ordered 2 on 29 July off my own season tickets, they still haven't arrived. Phoned box office just now to be told that duplicates can be made out and collected from Manchester tomorrow. I said I've made alternate arrangements since my tickets didn't arrive and I'd prefer that I was refunded my money.

NUFC point blank refuse to refund 'as we need to pay Man U for them' So how's that my problem? They've had since the 29th to sort the tickets and have left it til 3 days before the game. Twats.

And the other was sent off my Away Season Ticket for those counting.

I've located my four tickets now.

They were sent to my mate's house, despite me ordering and paying for them, whilst also having to confirm my address during the call. This is in addition to them sending me a receipt, to my address. So having spent ages trying to get through to the Box Office today, messing around getting duplicate tickets, they were sitting at my mate's house when they were delivered this afternoon. Absolute farce.

Total farce.

I ordered two adult tickets ages ago when it was on 50 points and then on Thursday 2 child tickets and an adults ticket arrived!

I got back from Scotland on Friday evening and went down and managed to sort things out at the box office but they really haven't got a clue.

The main positive change that has been made is that fact they are open 8am - 8pm Monday to Friday otherwise I would have struggled to get things sorted having only got back from Scotland at 5.30 last night and have been busy all day today until now.

Guest Geordiesned

I'm not going down tomorrow but this sounds like a complete joke!

Surely they have to at least sort it out that if you order and pay for more than 1 ticket (using the Friends & Family option) then they should all go to the address of the person paying! This could serious problems if a mate who is on holiday lets you use his season ticket to apply and they send he tickets to his house when he's not even there!

Guest neesy111

this season ticket is a joke as well, i'm at leeds next weekend but how i'm I gonna give some1 my seat for the game?

Aye, how dare they try and change things for the better and make things easier for us.  :rolleyes:

I can understand the issues guys, but howway, the BO has changed the entire way they do things...there are going to be teething problems. 

Unfortunately as with anything Customer Service related we only hear the bad bits. 

I have about 3/4 workmates who managed to get them no problem.

As for the ST's, with all the changes/switches they have made (and with what looks like a printing issue) there was bound to be a little bit of a delay. 

I don't call not getting my season ticket till potentially the day before the first home game of the season - " a little bit of a delay" - I call it an almighty f*ck up and a disgrace.  They have had almost 2 months to give me my season ticket, god knows they took the money quick enough.

This is the problem with the new regime trying to bring in a totally new system - all very good in theory but you've still got the same inept staff putting it into practice.

Teething problems with a new system are to be expected - trouble is that they were shit at the old system as well.

this season ticket is a joke as well, i'm at leeds next weekend but how i'm I gonna give some1 my seat for the game?

Give them your name, address and membership number and tell them to go to the box office a few hours before kick off, the staff will print you a ticket off.

Guest neesy111

Give them your name, address and membership number and tell them to go to the box office a few hours before kick off, the staff will print you a ticket off.

aye, well it's a student season ticket, but I can't attend 1/2 of the games so my dad's gonna upgrade and go to the games I can't make it, i'm sure they'll accept that? it's another £90 for them

Aye, how dare they try and change things for the better and make things easier for us.  :rolleyes:

I can understand the issues guys, but howway, the BO has changed the entire way they do things...there are going to be teething problems. 

Unfortunately as with anything Customer Service related we only hear the bad bits. 

As for the ST's, with all the changes/switches they have made (and with what looks like a printing issue) there was bound to be a little bit of a delay. 

To be honest, I don't mind about the ST's, that's fair enough. I'm not actually too bothered that they haven't been sending the Man Utd tickets out until quite late too. The only thing I cannot understand is why they would send them to somebody else's house when that person didn't pay for them.

this is true :) :knuppel2:

I had the same trouble last year with my Villa Away tickets.

They got lost in transit...I rang up, kicked off, still no tickets.  They turned up at someone elses gaff, even tho the self addressed evalope was to me.  They ended up in another envalope with my mates address on.

:laugh2:

Nothing quite matches up to when they sent a new free season ticket to my Grandma, despite the fact she's never had a season ticket and hadn't been to SJP for about 25 years.

They also sent me two separate cup semi final tickets when they got thoroughly confused by us playing Man Utd twice in a week. You'd think they'd have prepared for applications for two separate games against Man Utd, but no, too confusing.

Guest Geordiesned

No sign of my season tickets yet, I bet we end up with single tickets being sent out for the Bolton game, clueless fkers they really are.

There's a statement on the official site saying the earliest we can expect them is the middle of this week. If you haven't got it by Thursday you need to ring the club on a dedicated number they've set up (don't have it to hand).

No sign of my season tickets yet, I bet we end up with single tickets being sent out for the Bolton game, clueless fkers they really are.

There's a statement on the official site saying the earliest we can expect them is the middle of this week. If you haven't got it by Thursday you need to ring the club on a dedicated number they've set up (don't have it to hand).

Cheers mate.. :D

Aye, how dare they try and change things for the better and make things easier for us.   :rolleyes:

Granted, the  BO are trying to improve things and hopefully, through time, they will, but these Man U tickets have been left ridiculously late. What if you'd planned to go for the weekend. You couldn't go down early because your ticket hadn't arrived.

As for picking up tickets at Old Trafford. You don't want to have to mess about doing things like that. You want your ticket before you set off.

Hope they get things sorted soon.

Oh, and they said they'd send me a refund for paying too much in avance for my season ticket, in July. Good job i'm not relying on that in a hurry.

Guest thebigfella

where do i find my membership number i use my uncles ticket as he lives in spain now (i get all season 4 free) th ticket comes to my address as i live in his old house but if it doesent where will i get that number???? 

Aye, how dare they try and change things for the better and make things easier for us.   :rolleyes:

Granted, the  BO are trying to improve things and hopefully, through time, they will, but these Man U tickets have been left ridiculously late. What if you'd planned to go for the weekend. You couldn't go down early because your ticket hadn't arrived.

As for picking up tickets at Old Trafford. You don't want to have to mess about doing things like that. You want your ticket before you set off.

Hope they get things sorted soon.

Oh, and they said they'd send me a refund for paying too much in avance for my season ticket, in July. Good job i'm not relying on that in a hurry.

I'm not looking forward to trying to get into the game on Satuday either - cutting it fine again chaps.  Howay, they took my cash out two months ago and they still haven't sent anything out.  What about the people who need the Magpie Mover tickets as well.