Paul Ince

Tooj

I don't really care if he does well at Blackburn, but I'd be willing to bet that when Capello goes (probably after 2010) the FA will look to appoint a relatively young, English, ex-player as the national team manager.  If he does well, he will definitely be the favourite. 

Waxing your chest, showing the big boys your muscles and putting your shirt on as you're running out of the tunnel? What the fuck was all that about?  :lol:

The Guv'nor? Erm...no. The bloke's a clitoris.

The only time I've not thought he was a complete and utter bell-end was when he played for England in Rome and we came away with a 0-0 in '97

Indeed - I was cheering for Italy that game but Ince was an absolute hero for England that day...

Still don't think it'll end well for him there. Not convinced at all.

Me either, I think he's poor in the transfer market and having the likes of Roberts, Dunn, Reid, and Mokoena in a regular starting XI doesn't fill me with confidence.  Also the fact that he failed to hang onto their best players and may yet lose Santa Cruz.

Guest thenorthumbrian

At least he started out as a manager in the lower leagues, and did a bit of an aprenticeship.

But anyone who calls himself "the guvnor" has to be a bit of a 'prick.

Was Ince appointed as Blackburn manager on the strength of his managerial abilities, or on the strength of his profile/reputation?

Probably a bit of both tbf, as he's done well in the lower leagues and the fact of his profile has probably aided his cause most certainly, as most Premiership teams wouldn't have taken the gamble on a manager with the same record if it wasn't for their reputation.

At this point in time, he remains very much an unknown quantity...the Blackburn fans I know all seem to be giving him the benefit of the doubt, but they're pretty much all quite underwhelmed by his appointment.

Guest Goalfather

Shearer can take a page or 2  from Keane and Ince. Spend some times in the lower leagues and learn ur craft and  then u will be ready top manage an Prem team

thought he'd do ok when he was appointed, just going from his playing career he was a very intelligent player and has a huge ego, which can either help - fergie or mourinho, or hinder - souness, but at least means he won't be a wet blanket like a chris hutchings or sammy lee. but they've been poor in the transfer market. if he makes the right moves between now and the end of the window they should be fine.