The nerves are back

Dave

For the last couple of years I've felt kind of apathetic before matches. We were uninspired and generally shit; a lot of the time it was like just waiting to fuck up. There was brief promise under Allardyce but that didn't last long.

Even though it's Man Utd away today, I'm nervous as fuck. Under Keegan I'm excited about what we can do.

Howay the lads. :frantic: :indi:

Not nervous at all, but very excited. For the second year on the trot I'll be watching the game with Man United fans (I was at OT last season in amongst their lot) but for once I'm not expecting an absolute hammering. I'm sure we'll lose, but I think we'll take more pride than usual.

Guest Toon1981

For the last couple of years I've felt kind of apathetic before matches. We were uninspired and generally s***; a lot of the time it was like just waiting to f*** up. There was brief promise under Allardyce but that didn't last long.

Even though it's Man Utd away today, I'm nervous as f***. Under Keegan I'm excited about what we can do.

Howay the lads. :frantic: :indi:

Aye, same.  I'll be even more nervous if we're still in the game after 15 mins.  Or is that just me being apathetic?

Same...heart is racing and I cant wait to see how we fathom.  

I go into this match knowing that we are playing against the best team in the league/europe and if we get anything out of it (or even put in a good shift) I will be happy.  

HOWAY THE LADS!!!

;D

I can see us nicking a point here if we play to our full potential. They miss Ronaldo, and its the beginning of the season. All teams begin pretty the season in not full shape and hopefully being the first game we can nick a point!

Just to be optimistic ill say 1-1

Duff and Tevez to score

HOWAY THE LADS!

I don't really feel anything yet. I really just expect us to lose this match, so there isn't much anticipation at all.

If we manage to get a goal or a lead, I'll turn into a complete mess, though.

i hope to god we score, then we'll have a good chance. otherwise we'll be buried.

going to the pub in an hour to watch it, i'm definately nervous but hope we have a good go at it. my expectations, like most, aren't high with regards to the result but i miss watching my beloved toon

HERE WE GO AGAIN LADS :D

Guest Toon1981

I'll be even worse next week like, with a game we should win.

Yeah, next week will be some s***.

'specially with Bolton getting a decent start yesterday.  Whatever happens today, that game is huge, if only to keep early season doom-mongers on hold.

I'll be even worse next week like, with a game we should win.

Yeah, next week will be some s***.

'specially with Bolton getting a decent start yesterday.  Whatever happens today, that game is huge, if only to keep early season doom-mongers on hold.

Keegan had a hard time breaking them down last season, right? Did we lose or draw that one?

Guest Toon1981

I think you long time fans are fighting the urge to think about that 5-0 from back in the day.

Ha, not really like, that ain't happening again in my lifetime.  Probably.  If we don't get beat today I'll be popping all sorts of wheelies.  Got two quid on us to win at 9-1, bring it on.