Immigration

Guest kiwi

I was scanning the BBC yesterday and came across comments regarding curbs, by the UK, on Romanian and Bulgarian immigrants when their countries join the EU.

Apparently when the ex Warsaw Pact countries joined there was a flood of Poles into the UK coupled with normal immigration, refugees etc which increased the population by 1.45 million in two years. Apparently the rest of the EU didn't want them so they went to the UK. Now the UK doesnt want the two latest members to be and the remainder of the EU are ambivalent.

NZ has, over the last twenty years, become multi cultural. We celebrate festivals and holidays Kiwis have never heard off but who cares its fun. Most immigrants are good people, hard working and law abiding. We have the highest qualified taxi drivers in the world; must be Bsc. MD minimum.

What is the true situation in the UK.

I would say the UK is pretty different to NZ in that whereas over there there is a very small population in relation to the size of the country, over here there is a perception at least that the country is overcrowded and that immigrants are not necessarily beneficial to the economy and so on. I think in NZ immigration is far more openly encouraged isn't it? Also, I think that the way immigration has happened over here has often led to segregation within communities along racial lines. It's very different too in that the UK is truly multi-racial whereas NZ is more people of European plus Maoris and South Sea Islanders is it not?

Apparently it has it's own micro-climate and a good place to be if there is a nuclear war in Europe.

Doesn't it just have it's own climate rather than micro climate? ;)

The 1.45 mm number is bollocks - about 635,000 came in but a lot left as well

what they never tell you is that 99% of the immigarnts work like shit  whereas the natives are happy collecting the dole

The 1.45 mm number is bollocks - about 635,000 came in but a lot left as well

what they never tell you is that 99% of the immigarnts work like shit  whereas the natives are happy collecting the dole

.... Whilst happily complaining that th epoles took all the jobs.

Do you think we could part ex the dole munchers with the hard working immigrants? Even offer a two-for-one offer or something

Guest Invicta_Toon

I spent 3 months as a recruitment agency's on site agent at a massive fruit packers that serving all ASDA warehouses, responsible for the 100 or so agency workers there, drawn from natives, indians, asians, arabs, turks, africans and eastern europeans

In the words of most of the managers there: "the only problem we have (with agency staff) is with white british young males"

they are basically work shy twats who don't know they're born

Invicta. Same everywhere. Immigrants work - they have to to catch up on the locals.

NZ

Climate is pretty much the same as the South of France. Winter temperatures generally about the same as late June in the UK, in Auckland. Of course in Dunedin (south South Island) think central Scotland.

The country is the size of Italy (larger than the UK) with 4.5 million. We have had immigrants comming for 150 years and Kiwis buggering off almost as fast. Hence the slow population growth rate.

Most of the population lives in the North Island and half (1/3) of the total population is in Auckland, which has low density housing so its big. Geographically 50k wide x 50k long.

Boring? Depends what you want. Main activities are Rugby, trying to drive properly and drinking.

Immigration used to be primarily European, but Labour governments have decided we are part Asia. We were previously (they decided) part of the pacific but having taken in most of the islanders that wanted to come here, we opened the doors  a little wider to include anyone, except Brits.

Overall a nice place to live but yes it can be boring particularly after living in a European city and the novelty wears off. But I do meet a lot of young Brits with small kids who have just moved here and they love it.

Quite a few Geordies around here too.

Deport the bastards.

Fuckin' pakis...

... stealin' our jobs.

(DJ_NUFC is an Indian immigrant.) (Who loves stealing jobs and being mistaken for a person of Pakistani descent.)

What a pathetic post. Immigrants to the UK and elsewhere do the jobs that the locals - you or I - think are beneath us. Then we moan because they have nicer houses. They work f---king hard.

They also send money overseas to help their extended family and save. Ok, they may speak Geordie with a Pakistani accent but who cares.

What a pathetic post. Immigrants to the UK and elsewhere do the jobs that the locals - you or I - think are beneath us. Then we moan because they have nicer houses. They work f---king hard.

They also send money overseas to help their extended family and save. Ok, they may speak Geordie with a Pakistani accent but who cares.

Er..........................................................................................................................................

Can someone explain to him, please? Sarcasm / sense of humour not that common in NZ?