Quote Of The Week

Tooj

"It's a good place to come first game as we'll get an idea of where we are. They've got a few key players missing, so let's see what we can do. If we can get the ball, who knows? The headlines aren't written - we write them."

Newcastle boss Kevin Keegan

:icon_king:

Loved the one where he went:

"What we've got to do here at Newcastle is get a team as good as the fans. If we do that then we will come to places like this and people will have a lot higher expectations for us than they did today."

Spot on.

Guest Guinness

"What we've got to do here at Newcastle is get a team as good as the fans. If we do that then we will come to places like this and people will have a lot higher expectations for us than they did today."

Spot on.

That put a big smile on my face, it was good to see him so optimistic today. Such a contrast from the way he was after the Chelsea game last season and another sign that relationships at the club are good.

"It's a good place to come first game as we'll get an idea of where we are. They've got a few key players missing, so let's see what we can do. If we can get the ball, who knows? The headlines aren't written - we write them."

Newcastle boss Kevin Keegan

:icon_king:

What a difference a year makes.

'Nicky Butt was the best player in this match' - unknown sightless goon.

Aye. Lost the ball early and gave Manure a chance, got nabbed by Rooney and nearly gave away a penalty. Far more impressed with Guthrie although he does remind me of Parker with the constant pirro(you know what i mean).

Would be nice if him & Duff took a backseat this year (Duff preferrably sold).

Spot on.

Kev has been saying this since he came in 92, and he managed to do it last time, i believe, and have been confident all summer, he will do it again this time......