The KK factor

Guest Howaythetoon

Guest Howaythetoon

When Man Utd equalised not once did I fear for us unlike so many times over the years against this lot, home and away. And that's down to KK more than anything. I knew if we held on until half-time which our performance indicated that we were capable of, KK would send the side out with even more belief than we entered the game with, and after the break I thought we were the more measured side, with Man Utd creating very little and becoming very ragged whereas we were the opposite as the game wore on. It wouldn't surprise me if KK told the lads they could win this at half-time. We all know he's good at this, filling players with self belief and the confidence to perfom but I don't think people really appreciate this quality of KK's and what it can mean for Newcastle United.

For me this quality of his saved us from relegation in the 90s because it certainly wasn't the ability in our side (we were bottom at one stage) nor the experience (full of kids and hasbeens). It also made Rob Lee into an England international, Cole a Premier League goalscorer among other successes where players are concerned and this club the belief in itself that it could be champions of England which we very nearly become.

The other day me and my mate were debating who was the biggest signing the club has made over the past few years, we couldn't agree and decided to give the 'accolade' to Sir Bobby rather than any single player. Well the biggest addition to our club since Sir Bobby is Kevin Keegan. If a "genuine" or "all-out" goalscorer is considered to be worth X amount of points in this league - some say the difference between relegation and safety and higher up the difference between challenging and winning the league - then just how many is KK worth?

The great thing for me where the build-up to matches is concerned regardless of the opposition is that we'll go into games looking to play football, to win points.

Where success and achievement is concerned we'll go into campaigns and competitions looking to finish as high as we can or to get as far as we can.

Where bringing players in is concerned, in the man's own words "we'll be looking to sign players to give Newcastle a team as good as its fans."

This positive attitude coupled with the team's abilities (as they showed at the back end of last season) and KK's own qualities as a good manager (people forget he's a good manager), the fans' sheer faith in the man and the modern day scouting, academy and transfer market setup, can only bring rewards to this club. 

Today is the start of a new era.

I fucking love KK  :smitten:

:thup:

PS we mustn't get too carried away just yet though, Bolton will be tough as will other challenges, but we are off and running.

Guest Toon1981

Aye, was just really good to see us play with confidence in ourselves today.  Decent players can become very good ones indeed if you get them to believe enough to do things they mightn't otherwise, and Keegan seems to have the knack for this.  Worth a lot.

I thought KK pre-match interview was good, u could see how excited and upbeat he was.

It does rub off on u, i remember SA pre and post match interviews and they were dull and uninspiring.

Good thing about KK he is honest, he didnt try and make out we were better than we were.

I thought KK pre-match interview was good, u could see how excited and upbeat he was.

It does rub off on u, i remember SA pre and post match interviews and they were dull and uninspiring.

Good thing about KK he is honest, he didnt try and make out we were better than we were.

Have to agree the pre-match interview was class, before Keegan came on, Dublin,Redknapp were in the studio saying we looked weak and had no chance all doom and gloom, after Keegan had been interviewed even they were saying maybe we could nick something etc..

The positive passing game, and general adventurous approach I put down to the KK factor. Not to mention the upbeat cameraderie only a true leader like him is capable of instilling.

What impressed me today was how well we kept our shape when defending, which is not something I associate with Keegan. I hope it wasn't a fluke and we can keep that up. We will really be going places then.

KK and Allardyce in terms of thinking are worlds apart.

With KK, you get this idea that he just instils into the team that every game is just 11 men against 11 men. Regardless of whether we're playing at OT against the Champions or at home to Hull, he will approach every game the same. Play good football, play with good spirit and try and get three points.

We go into every game trying to win it. Of course we didn't go stupid today and try and attack Man U's goal with 5 minutes to go, but you knew that if we had the chance, we'd attempt to nick the game.

It's refreshing. It's great, and in the words of Chris, "I f***ing love KK" too

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Keegan and our mad football club were made for each other.  I don't know if he can do a better job this time because he was so good the first time and would have to win something to do that.  If anybody can take this club to a trophy then it's the man we have at the club now.

What I do know is that if he fails then it will not be for the want of trying and I don't think that he will fail because he's got more experience this time.  I doubt he'll suffer from pressure because he knows that he's at home at the club.  He knows what we want and he knows how to deliver what we want and that our expectations aren't to win anything although he'll know we would love to.  What we expect and what we would like are two different things and he knows that so will not buckle if we have a bad run because we'll come out of it.

I don't think Keegan gives a shit about the media, what he does give a shit about is this club, the people who work for him and more than anything, the fans and that doesn't bring pressure.  When a manager knows us as well as he does then the jobs as easy as any in football.  It's only a hard job when you don't know the club or the fans.

Keegan seems happier at the club then I’ve seen him in a very long time, even when here for the first time as manager and I think we’ll only gain from that.  I think he's probably happier now than he has been since we lost that lead for the championship and I get a feeling that he really does feel that he has unfinished business at this club.

I've always defended Keegan because of what he's done and I trust him to do everything he can for us, even if it doesn't work, I know he'll not have been able to do more for us.  I really think this is his last job in management (not in football) and I can't think of a more fitting way for him to bow out than to achieve something here.

I'm not sure how to put anything into words to do him any justice other than to say the above but he's better than I've said.

Just watching him being interviewed makes me excited, you can tell he's fucking chuffed about the season and is also confident that Wise and Jimenez are gonna be bringing in more quality players.  The more I think about today's game, all the circumstances around it, KK, the new management team, and the injuries we have right now the more excited I get about the upcoming season.

I've also said it before but I'll say it again, I am FUCKING CHUFFED that Shay Given is finally back to his best.  Made fantastic saves, showed bags of bottle, did everything today, that man will get us 10-15 points singlehandedly this season, mark my words.

Just watching him being interviewed makes me excited, you can tell he's f***ing chuffed about the season and is also confident that Wise and Jimenez are gonna be bringing in more quality players.  The more I think about today's game, all the circumstances around it, KK, the new management team, and the injuries we have right now the more excited I get about the upcoming season.

I've also said it before but I'll say it again, I am f***ing CHUFFED that Shay Given is finally back to his best.  Made fantastic saves, showed bags of bottle, did everything today, that man will get us 10-15 points singlehandedly this season, mark my words.

2 good saves doesn't mean he's back to his best, people are going beserk with this man

Just watching him being interviewed makes me excited, you can tell he's f***ing chuffed about the season and is also confident that Wise and Jimenez are gonna be bringing in more quality players.  The more I think about today's game, all the circumstances around it, KK, the new management team, and the injuries we have right now the more excited I get about the upcoming season.

I've also said it before but I'll say it again, I am f***ing CHUFFED that Shay Given is finally back to his best.  Made fantastic saves, showed bags of bottle, did everything today, that man will get us 10-15 points singlehandedly this season, mark my words.

2 good saves doesn't mean he's back to his best, people are going beserk with this man

Just like people were going beserk when he was suffering with nasty injuries and poor form.

Guest optimistic nit

Just like people were going beserk when he was suffering with nasty injuries and poor form.

What a refreshing change to see us go at Manure with no fear and still trying to win it till the end ,KK and the boys thanks for making me feel proud again .I know we did not win but at least the scum bags in the national papers will have to reprint there back pages .

Keegan deserves all the praise for yesterday's performance.. many people still don't take him seriously, but IMO his understanding of the game and his character are on par with the best managers in the game right now..

Keegan deserves all the praise for yesterday's performance.. many people still don't take him seriously, but IMO his understanding of the game and his character are on par with the best managers in the game right now..

pretty much said this last nite, keegan is in the wenger, fergie, scolari bracket....

Don't be silly, he'd have obviously preferred to have lost that game 4-3.

I just like that I've been given the opportunity to love football once again.

I'd become so apathetic over recent years, not really caring, expecting us to lose more and more. As soon as KK comes along, I'm excited, I watch games and come on here because I want to, not because I feel like I have to.

He's a positive person and his teams certainly reflect that.

Pretty amazing after experiencing the first KK era that we're going to get another one. You're spoiling us Kev...

mate, ive been trying to tell people this all along, and at times been ridiculed to the hilt, but it only goes 'one way with kk'

attack