Coming Soon To A Club Near You - CHAOS.

Crumpy Gunt

Sounds good. If it's implemented properly.

Get a Barclaycard, buy about 4 season tickets, sell them all through this.

Upshot - £2,000 loan interest free.

Put the money in a high-interest account.

:undecided:

Call me stoopid, but it seems to me that would be entirely pointless.

Not really if it's 12 months interest free, you could make a couple of hundred quid profit.

You will need to run the numbers on how that works to me as I appear to be very stoopid!

I'm not working it out exactly as banks do there interst montly generally but.  You buy the tickets, sell themf or face value.  You have 2000.  If the card is 12 months interest free, whack it in a high interest savings account with about 7% apr.  You get the 7% apr which will be more than 140 as I can't be arsed to work out the cumulative interest.

EDIT:

Use the 2k to pay off the card after 12 months or whatever it is.

Ah right.  Nowt to do with seat exchange then.

Not really if it's 12 months interest free, you could make a couple of hundred quid profit.

It's interest free for the life of the balance.

But either way...

a) It'll cost you £2K initially, so it's hardly a loan.

2) They only pay 1/19th of the season ticket value minus costs, so you'll get less back.

III) What goes in the bank?  Won't you need the money from ticket sales to pay off the credit card?

Eh?  I know nothing of said card offer, but I was under the impression that if you bought your season ticket with it it would be interest free.  Whast this 1/19th crap?

But either way...

2) They only pay 1/19th of the season ticket value minus costs, so you'll get less back.

III) What goes in the bank?  Won't you need the money from ticket sales to pay off the credit card?

That's how I had it, plus:

1. Timing of the cash received from tickets sales is spread over the year so you won't receive the full apr interest on that total £2,000, which as Happy said will be less as you are paying fees.

2. As Happy says - you actually do need to pay back money each month to the card, thus that won't be going in the bank either, reducing the money you will actually get interest on.

3. Risk that you actually sell these tickets each time??

But either way...

Eh?  I know nothing of said card offer, but I was under the impression that if you bought your season ticket with it it would be interest free.  Whast this 1/19th crap?

Ha, sorry mate, yes, it was based on the 1/19th malarky

But either way...

The only problem with whacking 4 season tickets on an interest free credit card (I was referring to the Barclaycard Premiership card that gives you interest free for the life of the balance on season tickets) is finding 4 people who'll pay you face value for what they can get at the ticket office against their own name and address.

Unless you can find 4 hooligans that have been banned and want to try their luck, I can't see it happening.

Didn't realise the seller would incur fees. Judging by the Villa website, it's 10%.

The club expects you to pay for three years in advance and offer to buy back the games @ 90% their value?

Greedy fuckers.

I've gone and bought 12 season tickets on the strength of that idea.

Balls.