• Scottish
    • Irish
    • Welsh
    • Northern Irish
    • American
    • Norwegian
    • Swedish
    • Other (Specify)

Tonight I started thinking about something after reading through a couple of topics. And that was "There's like, tons of people from around the world on this site, naturally enough. But just, how many are from where?". Which has led to me posting this poll, if only to silence my own curiosity. So I've added the nationalities I think the most members on the site has to the poll, and an "other" option, for those who have a more unusual nationality when it comes to the site members. If you do, specify it in the thread please.

Anyways, yeah. Have at it  :pow:

I am English, born and bread in Newcastle.  Currently living in Gateshead though.

I always make a point of writing English as my Nationality when I check into a hotel or anything as you don't see too many of the other UK nationalities writing British as theirs.......  They are firmly Scottish, Irish or Welsh so why can't we be English.

That said I am not particularly Nationalistic and don't really support the England unless they are in a major tournament.

This thing at the Olymics where we are Team GB is pretty annoying, why can't we just enter as England and the other UK countries enter under their own identity?  I am completely anti that Scotch tennis player who said he supports any team that is playing England yet expects the whole country to support him in his efforts to play tennis as a Brit..........  Wanker!!  (Andy Murrey?)

I am English, born and bread in Newcastle.  Currently living in Gateshead though.

I always make a point of writing English as my Nationality when I check into a hotel or anything as you don't see too many of the other UK nationalities writing British as theirs.......  They are firmly Scottish, Irish or Welsh so why can't we be English.

That said I am not particularly Nationalistic and don't really support the England unless they are in a major tournament.

This thing at the Olymics where we are Team GB is pretty annoying, why can't we just enter as England and the other UK countries enter under their own identity?  I am completely anti that Scotch tennis player who said he supports any team that is playing England yet expects the whole country to support him in his efforts to play tennis as a Brit..........  Wanker!!  (Andy Murrey?)

That really grinds your gears, doesn't it? ;D

I can't see British...?  :undecided:

^

Technically English, but I can't see why I'd call myself that ahead of British - I don't feel any more connection to Essex than I do Lothian.

If anyone asks me - Geordie. Everyone around the world seems to know the connection between Geordies and Newcastle.

Officially British - am I right in thinking English isn't technically a Nationality?

I've heard that before. Trying to find confirmation of it somewhere, but not really found anything I actually trust yet...

I empathise with the comments about wanting to be "English" but I'm British. Used to do the same thing as pinkeye when asked to fill out my nationality, but I realised as I got older that to do so shows a lack of understanding about what it means to be British. Something which has been driven home this past week or so  :angel:

The Scots and Welsh 'rebel' with their 'patriotism' because it helps them to identify with the history of Britain. Wouldn't want to be any other nationality [than British] to be honest.