Irritations: Or what really Grinds your Gears?

pinkeye

This should be good!!

What is it that really winds you up in life?  A couple of mine to start:

People that use Sat Nav to go to places that they already know the way to.

People that use a mobile home to go to Sainsbury's

Wagons overtaking other wagons and taking 10 minutes to get past.

Guest lankybellwipe

Hey!

This thread reminds me of 'Your Pet Hates'

Anyway, Pubs wiith staff who fail to remember glasses need collecting from tables once empty! :rant:

O0

People who only play the lottery when it's a rollover. Especially when it's one of those Euro £80m ones. It's like "oh, £10m isn't worth bothering about, I can't be arsed with that, but now it's up to £80m I'm gonna rush out and buy 50 tickets". Happens in my office all the time, doesn't make any sense. Mind you I don't play the lottery at all.

People who say 'get' instead of 'have'. e.g. "Can I get a pint of Lager?"  the reply should be, 'No, I'll get it. You stay on that side of the bar, please"

People who say 'You guys' when addressing men and women. Let's get this straight. Women are NOT guys! FFS!

I know this ranting makes me sound like an old fogie....I am.

People who say 'get' instead of 'have'. e.g. "Can I get a pint of Lager?"  the reply should be, 'No, I'll get it. You stay on that side of the bar, please"

People who say 'You guys' when addressing men and women. Let's get this straight. Women are NOT guys! FFS!

I know this ranting makes me sound like an old fogie....I am.

You're wrong about 'get', which irritated me. Interchangeable in some circumstances with 'take' or 'have' but has hundreds of other meanings too. In this case it relates to the 'bring' 'fetch' or 'receive' uses.

One of the most complex verbs in use in any language apparently.

Stealth speed cameras!!

There is one regularly over the road from Breckonbeds School (not sure what it is called these days) on Saltwell Road South.  The limit is 30 there but, it is really hard to keep at that speed.

I have one of those Road Angels and it gives me a heads up whether the camera van is there or not to remind me to watch my speed but, they must have caught loads of people there.

Bastards!!

You know what really grinds my gears? Old people crossing the road. I mean, if you're so old you can't cross the fucking road in under a minute, you should just stay home.

Old people on the road.

Scrap that. Anyone on the road who is not confident to drive above 40mph. Get a bus!

:thup:

Like the Conway Twitty thing?  That was annoying but, some of the others are quality!

It's just some of the sections where they repeat stuff over and over and over and over.

Detracts from what is otherwise a fantastic show.

The chicken fights are a disgrace as well.

You know what really grinds my gears?

When Family Guy does skits that last for minutes on end and aren't remotely funny.

I agree, quality show though. And the full content of an episode usually make up for skits I don't find funny, or not even understand as some are based on American pop culture I haven't even heard of.