Sebastian Pocognoli

Cronky

Anyone know this player? Mr Oliver seems to think we're interested -

NEWCASTLE United are toying with the idea of moving for Belgian international left-back Sebastian Pocognoli – when he returns from the Olympics.

Reports coming out of Belgium suggest United have already agreed a £6m fee for the 21-year-old with AZ Alkmaar.

Belgium were beaten by Nigeria in the semi-finals in Beijing.

Kevin Keegan has always maintained a left-back was his main priority in the close season as cover for Jose Enrique.

And as well as Charles N’Zogbia did well going forward in this position in Sunday’s fine draw at Old Trafford, the Frenchman does not like playing at the back and was caught napping when Darren Fletcher poked in the Man U equaliser.

Guest LondonMag

From what i ve asked in the AZ Alkmaar forum.he is highly rated player and according to them he is one of the best LB in the Dutch league

This could be a goer, folks. More fuel to the rumours -

According to several media reports in Belgium,Newcastle has agreed a 7.8M€ with AZ Alkmaar for Pocognoli and now are in talks with the player and his agent.

Translation from Belgian press:

Newcastle Agree Pocognoli fee wit AZ.

Belgian Olympic Defender - Sebastian Pocognoli is on his way to England as Newcastle United agree fee with Dutch Side AZ Alkmaar for the Belgian left Fullback.

Talks with his representatives are ongoing.

More updates soon.

According to several media reports in Belgium,Newcastle has agreed a 7.8M€ with AZ Alkmaar for Pocognoli and now are in talks with the player and his agent.

Belgian Olympic Defender - Sebastian Pocognoli is on his way to England as Newcastle United agree fee with Dutch Side AZ Alkmaar for the Belgian left Fullback.

More updates soon.

Where's that from?

According to several media reports in Belgium,Newcastle has agreed a 7.8M with AZ Alkmaar for Pocognoli and now are in talks with the player and his agent.

More updates soon.

Where's that from?

Someone on talk of the tyne

More updates soon.

Where's that from?

It was in NUFC Blog yesterday, not sure if that is the NUFC Blog article though.

Got to wonder what's the story with Enrique if there's any legs in this.

Attitude issues? KK just doesn't fancy him?

It was odd that KK swapped Enrique and Zog at the last minute before Valencia.

Got to wonder what's the story with Enrique if there's any legs in this.

Attitude issues? KK just doesn't fancy him?

It was odd that KK swapped Enrique and Zog at the last minute before Valencia.

Didn't know that, but it does lend itself to the notion that there's more to it than just match fitness issues with Enrique.

It'll be interesting to see what does happen with the LB spot between now and the end of the month, honestly haven't a notion what's going on. :lol:

Left back, 21 years old and £6m?

What's wrong with the £6m 22 year old left back we already have?

I dunno. Even Allardyce didnt seem to rate him. I dont get it how nearly every manager we have thinks N'Zogbia is a suitable LB. I just cant understand for the life of me why... ???

Enriques a good player I think and showed good improvements towards the end of last season.

But i would prefer a proper LB to replace him with rather than N'Zogbia...

If we do get Pocognoli, he will strengthen our squad considerably.

I can't remember ever seeing any links to these Belgian press reports. Just like with the Derdiyok thing, it's a load of bollocks.

Yep just somebody on talk of the tyne saying they are belgian and the belgian media are reporting it

I think maybe Enrique doesn't get forward enough for Kev's tastes.

Pocognoli is very attack minded from what I've seen of him in the olympics.

It doesn't make sense to have two left backs this young Enrique might move on with another more experienced left back coming in.

I think maybe Enrique doesn't get forward enough for Kev's tastes.

Pocognoli is very attack minded from what I've seen of him in the olympics.

It doesn't make sense to have two left backs this young Enrique might move on with another more experienced left back coming in.

Could see Enrique going on loan to Spain for a season if Kev does this

Guest elbee909

Enrique isn't fully fit yet.  That's all.  Bloody hell, anyone would think he'd laid a shit on Keegan's desk the way some are going on.

Guest Sniffer

You'd think that if enrique was fit enough to be on the bench then he'd be fit enough to play at least some part in the match given that n'zogbia was a glaring weak link at LB.

Enrique isn't fully fit yet.  That's all.  Bloody hell, anyone would think he'd laid a shit on Keegan's desk the way some are going on.

Why do you state something as a fact when you don't know anymore than the rest of us? Makes you look silly...

Guest sicko2ndbest

Enrique has put on fat and is slow, when hes fit and faster hes a deffo for starter

No he hasnt

Enrique has lost fat, and is currently too lightweight.

This is his main problem!