How would I go about Rick Rolling someone?

Coxaux

Fair crack, but how the hell do you disguise the URL, as you can tell I'm a bit of a computer retard.

[url=real url goes here.com]Fake url or description they'll see goes here[/url]

:)

Wow. This is f*cking unreal.  Just had a MAJOR 10 minute f*cking shit my pants moment there. Clicked on the link Dave supplied and f*ck. Couldn't turn the thing off.  I turned my base unit off and powered it back on.  This thing is lethal.  Pure lethal. 

Second one isn't a rick roll, just a justfuckinggoogleit link. You can see the actual link by moving your cursor onto the text y'know :razz:

not with my stone age computator!  it just underlines it and makes it a different color.

Second one isn't a rick roll, just a justfuckinggoogleit link. You can see the actual link by moving your cursor onto the text y'know :razz:

not with my stone age computator!  it just underlines it and makes it a different color.

Which browser do you use? Regardless, try moving the cursor onto the text and then look at the bottom left of the browser window.

Wow. This is f*cking unreal.  Just had a MAJOR 10 minute f*cking s*** my pants moment there. Clicked on the link Dave supplied and f*ck. Couldn't turn the thing off.  I turned my base unit off and powered it back on.  This thing is lethal.  Pure lethal. 

Why didn't you just cntrl + alt + delete the Rick Roll?

Wow. This is f*cking unreal.  Just had a MAJOR 10 minute f*cking s*** my pants moment there. Clicked on the link Dave supplied and f*ck. Couldn't turn the thing off.  I turned my base unit off and powered it back on.  This thing is lethal.  Pure lethal. 

Because I don't mind ssaying that I didn't know what the f*ck rick rolling meant....

Because I don't mind ssaying that I didn't know what the f*ck rick rolling meant....

So it wasn't just that you didn't want to make Rick cry, didn't want to say goodbye?

Which browser do you use? Regardless, try moving the cursor onto the text and then look at the bottom left of the browser window.

that's the trick!  cheers!  :thup:  btw, i have no idea what my browser is.  didn't he sing the bass parts in Sha Na Na?  :pow:

To do that you'd have to close down your browser, which is a bit of a cunt if you're busy writing e-mails or whatever.

Wow. This is f*cking unreal.  Just had a MAJOR 10 minute f*cking shit my pants moment there. Clicked on the link Dave supplied and f*ck. Couldn't turn the thing off.  I turned my base unit off and powered it back on.  This thing is lethal.  Pure lethal. 

Or you could just wait a few secs til the browser window stops moving and press the enter button until you get to where it says "ok" or "cancel" as to if you want to close the window/tab or not. 30 secs to do that max really.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lankybellwipe

I too, am clueless as to the procedure of 'Rick Rolling'

I have imagined 4 guys heaving Rik Waller over a steep embankment. Surely that cant be it?

I now understand it as some form of personal computer disablement and or fucking?