How much more has Keegan got to give?

BONTEMPI

With his arrival bringing new found optimism after so many gash appointments, how long would you like to see Keegan in charge for?

Do you think if he's successful getting us back to the big stage of europe, or dare I say it actually winning something he would extend his contract? Or will he go when this contract expires?

Id like to see him do 3 full seasons. with us being consistent in the transfer market and keeping the new policy of finding promising youngsters. Consistency is the key, and if we can keep the team, and by team i mean the club as a whole , together, i think we could have some good times again.

Until he's no longer the right man for the job or able/willing to do the job.

Until that time he can stay here for as long as he likes.

I'd be worried if he was a success and won us something within this current contract he'd leave on a high.

I hope that when it's time for him to go (whether that's the club pushing him or hopefully otherwise) we'll sit down with him and try to convince him into helping us get in a worthy successor.

Whether he'll be willing to do that or not I don't know, but it's something I always felt we should have done with Robson.

Until he's no longer the right man for the job or able/willing to do the job.

Until that time he can stay here for as long as he likes.

I'd be worried if he was a success and won us something within this current contract he'd leave on a high.

Good point actually, and you couldn't really blame him if he did. It's a worry that I have no matter who the manager/chairman/players is/are. If we eventually win something of note, such as an FA cup, then it'll be seen as "job done" and we'll be straight back to mediocrity the following season.

If we do build a team capable of winning something and have a manager capable of winning something, then it's imperative that they would see that first trophy as "just the beginning".

Be typical of us to finally do it, then go to shite the next season.

I'd like to see him in charge as long as he doesn't do something mad like get us relegated.

All I hope is that he's a bit more resilient and robust now... the only question mark are past doubts over his motivation when things go wrong.

There's no other man that commands the respect of the fans and will be given so much time and space to get things right.

I'd settle for that.

I'd settle for winning something aye! But if the team he'd built had real promise to push on from there would you trust somebody else coming in?

I'd settle for winning something aye! But if the team he'd built had real promise to push on from there would you trust somebody else coming in?

It would depend on who came in, we're no longer a one man band so the whole club will not change with a new manager.

If he continues to be the right man for the club, I hope this job is his last.

It'd be nice and fitting for him to retire off the back of this job, rather than be sacked or resign.

I hope that when it's time for him to go (whether that's the club pushing him or hopefully otherwise) we'll sit down with him and try to convince him into helping us get in a worthy successor.

Whether he'll be willing to do that or not I don't know, but it's something I always felt we should have done with Robson.

I agree. SBR even said he would have been willing to do that.

If he's here for the full 3 years he's been successfull.

That will be left to the likes of Wise and Vetere.

Guest Chubby Jason

Ideally he'd stay on as DOF or something.

That's Wise's job isn't it? I'd imagine that Keegan would be less "executive" than Wise though.

Guest elbee909

Ideally he'd stay on as DOF or something.

That's Wise's job isn't it? I'd imagine that Keegan would be less "executive" than Wise though.

Depends whether Wise sticks in that role or even stays around.

Thing is, KKs strength is day-to-day, motivation and team building etc. Not sure how much he'd fit into a DOF role, unless it was purely symbolic.

In his first time round his ability to sell the club to players was second to none.

Thing is, KKs strength is day-to-day, motivation and team building etc. Not sure how much he'd fit into a DOF role, unless it was purely symbolic.

In his first time round his ability to sell the club to players was second to none.

Different generation of players now tbf, the likes of Rob Lee and Ferdinand grew up when Keegan was the European player of the year and England captain, not that selling the club is the main quality needed for the role anyway.

Keegan was DOF at Fulham for a while and didn't do anything of note to improve their academy, just gave his mate Wilkins the managers job.

I guess it would be nice for the club to stick by one manager for a good lenth of time and I hope thats man Keegan, as long as we are not in a relegation battle season after season then his job should be safe.

Yime is needed for him to get the squad he wants and get them into a top 6 team.

He seems like he never changes, full of fire and passion for the game, shows his pure love for this club, the time  away from coaching will have done him the world of good, sogood times are on there way again.. :D