Parker injured...

Nicky

As I said on the Dyer thread, I was told on Tuesday night that  Parker and Carr were to be rested with Saturday in mind - no mention of an injury.

you were told by whom?

As I said on the Dyer thread, I was told on Tuesday night that  Parker and Carr were to be rested with Saturday in mind - no mention of an injury.

yuck yuck yuck

eh? Was told by a mate at the club. Told me after training on Tuesday. I posted about Dyer playing in the "Dyer to be back in squad for Charlton match" thread just after 9am in the morning, before it was announced on www.nufc.co.uk.

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php/topic,31010.0.html

Am not saying they aren't injured - just a day before the game I heard they were being rested and bearing in mind neither played and Dyer did (as I was also told) then it seems a fair assumption it's correct.

I watched the Boro game delayed and in the second half, he stayed down 3-4 times, and holded the back of his thigh. Probably not too serious, and was just being rested so he could play against Charlton.  :thup:

Presumed he was rested last night,  but the Chronicle say he was injured.  No more detail then that atm.

Anybody got anything else?

To me it looks like he has been carrying muscle problems all season.

Remember he missed a big part of the last stage of last season so its only natural him playing every game since the start of this season his muscles are not super fit and he is struggling in some games fitness wise.

However despite this in my opinion he has been one of best performers yet again this season and the best is still yet to come from him.

I can back Elma up here, he has told me quite a few things in the past about stuff at the club and I think the only thing he was ever wrong about was Shearer being in one starting 11 but he told me the day before and I think Shearer failed a late fitness test so I will let him off that one  tongue.gif