We are very much redundant!

Guest lankybellwipe

Guest lankybellwipe

Anyone in the know regarding the following?

The company I have been at for 12 years, is going tits up/pop!

Adminisrtators have been called in, and I expect my letter of redundancy any day!  :weep:

As many of you will know, I have worked part time, for the past year, as with young child and single parent.  Too seek a new job, would invariably mean full time, which I cannot allow myself to do!

So I'm going to enquire about full time benefit until such a time that sprog is off to juniors at least, cos I hate government handouts. I like to earn my keep. 

Anyway, number crunching, does anyone out there know what a single parent can expect to receive, having lost their job, not being sacked?

Guest lankybellwipe

Google Citizens Advice Line, Lanky. That should help. Heartfelt comiserations about the job, mate. :(

Cheers Dave!

Btw, I saw a van emblazoned with "GM Joiners" yesterday.  You branching out ?

Guest lankybellwipe

Its a horrible feeling mate,i know,my firm is basically running hand to mouth.And its worse not knowing what is happening.Hope it all works out for you.

We'll be fine mate!

What pissed me of was, we heard the news from a temp at head office!  Not the MD, not the regional manager, a FUCKIN TEMP, OVER THE PHONE!

piss was lava over Etna I tell thee!

Adminisrtators have been called in, and I expect my letter of redundancy any day!  :weep:

As many of you will know, I have worked part time, for the past year, as with young child and single parent.  Too seek a new job, would invariably mean full time, which I cannot allow myself to do!

So I'm going to enquire about full time benefit until such a time that sprog is off to juniors at least, cos I hate government handouts. I like to earn my keep. 

Anyway, number crunching, does anyone out there know what a single parent can expect to receive, having lost their job, not being sacked?

Just dug me employment law books out mate.  What it boils down to is:

The onus is on you to make the claim to your employer for a redundancy payment.

There are then 3 separate bands for how much you're entitled to depending on your age when working for them.  For each year you worked for them between the ages of 18-21 you're entitled to half a weeks pay, 22-40 is 1 weeks pay and 41-65 is 1 and a half weeks pay.

If you're on a variable wage, a week's pay is calculated to be the average hourly rate over the past 12 weeks.

Good luck mate!

Guest lankybellwipe

Just dug me employment law books out mate.  What it boils down to is:

The onus is on you to make the claim to your employer for a redundancy payment.

There are then 3 separate bands for how much you're entitled to depending on your age when working for them.  For each year you worked for them between the ages of 18-21 you're entitled to half a weeks pay, 22-40 is 1 weeks pay and 41-65 is 1 and a half weeks pay.

If you're on a variable wage, a week's pay is calculated to be the average hourly rate over the past 12 weeks.

Good luck mate!

Digging appreciated Davey!

"I'm on the mother fucker!"

(Marcellis Wallis - Pulp Fiction 1994)

Sorry that you're losing your job, mate.

BUT, you know that film I was talking about, A Night at the Roxbury? The brothers QUIT their jobs, and things are looking bleak, but in the end, it all works out and they get just what they've always wanted. Point being that you might hit the jackpot with your next job O0

Thats bad news lanky, but try and look at the positives and just think of all the extra time you will be spending with Ben. There are some companies that go out of their way to employ single parents on a part time basis and do everything they can to help, I believe Ikea are one.

Guest lankybellwipe

Thats bad news lanky, but try and look at the positives and just think of all the extra time you will be spending with Ben. There are some companies that go out of their way to employ single parents on a part time basis and do everything they can to help, I believe Ikea are one.

I like to think I'm a posotive a thinker as can be BB!

And the more time with young Hlter the better indeed!

ME! Work for a bunch of Pingu loving ski jumpers! I think not like...............

Oh, sorry Towlie mate! Hows things over in lovely Scandanavia chum? Weather nice?

Guest lankybellwipe

Best wishes LBW. Hope you get through this alright.

Is this a delivery firm by any chance? Not yet

Nothing in the pipeline so far T2

but need to spend the next week scouring old graves!  :thup:

• 1 month later...

Our firm has just been taken over and we were all guaranteed that we wouldn't lose our jobs.

Today 9 were made redundant. I'm alright luckily and have just been promoted but my best friend there has lost hers, absolutely gutted. I know redundancies are expected when there's a takeover, but why go to so much effort to guarantee there wouldn't be? They sent the new HR Director to have 1 on 1 meetings with every single person at the firm (about 260) and we were all told its good news and we are the future. What's the fucking point when you just go back on your words?

This is nout to do with the economic climate either i'm told, just rash decisions. Cunts.

Guest lankybellwipe

Our firm has just been taken over and we were all guaranteed that we wouldn't lose our jobs.

Today 9 were made redundant. I'm alright luckily and have just been promoted but my best friend there has lost hers, absolutely gutted. I know redundancies are expected when there's a takeover, but why go to so much effort to guarantee there wouldn't be? They sent the new HR Director to have 1 on 1 meetings with every single person at the firm (about 260) and we were all told its good news and we are the future. What's the fucking point when you just go back on your words?

This is nout to do with the economic climate either i'm told, just rash decisions. Cunts.

Hope things work out ok Ally!

It's spooky that you revitalised this thread right now!

MJ and I were chatting, not an hour previous, about how I can best invest the redundancy pay that I recieved yesterday,(2 grands)  and, after 15 months fannyon, on the same day, I also recieived a letter advising me Ben shall recieve 4 grands a year till he's 18, from Kat's pension.

We can already live on child tax, child support and income support, so this is a lovely nest egg. I am now a full time parent till primary school kicks off!  :shifty:

MJ and I were chatting, not an hour previous, about how I can best invest the redundancy pay that I recieved yesterday,(2 grands)  and, after 15 months fannyon, on the same day, I also recieived a letter advising me Ben shall recieve 4 grands a year till he's 18, from Kat's pension.

We can already live on child tax, child support and income support, so this is a lovely nest egg. I am now a full time parent till primary school kicks off!   :shifty:

MJ?

Guest lankybellwipe

We can already live on child tax, child support and income support, so this is a lovely nest egg. I am now a full time parent till primary school kicks off!  :shifty:

MJ?

Michael Jackson

Guest LucaAltieri

My dads work is in the crap, JCB, lots of redundancies and early retirement.

All of the uncles work there too so could be a very shit time for the family soon.

People in construction and the like are well and truly fucked at the minute according to the stuff I'm hearing. They haven't had it easy for the last year to six months anyway.

My dads work is in the crap, JCB, lots of redundancies and early retirement.

All of the uncles work there too so could be a very shit time for the family soon.

People in construction and the like are well and truly fucked at the minute according to the stuff I'm hearing. They haven't had it easy for the last year to six months anyway.

Yes, its been like this for a while no overtime and stuff (where the moneys at)