Anyone know of pubs near St James's?

Stu

That don't mind kids?

Taking my 11-year old nephew to his first home premiership game and want to meet a mate for a pint before KO, any suggestions?

Cheers in advance  :clap:

Theres a decent one opposite Monument metro (around corner from o2 shop) , Shearers bar is the other main one that i go in. Both good bars with no trouble if your worried by that.

Theres a decent one opposite Monument metro (around corner from o2 shop) , Shearers bar is the other main one that i go in. Both good bars with no trouble if your worried by that.

Which one's that? Blacksmiths[?] Arms? (where Red Rooms is now held)

Which one's that? Blacksmiths[?] Arms? (where Red Rooms is now held)

called the earl gray.

Opposite the actual Monument, round from o2 shop, turn left when you come out of the metro.

He means The Earl Grey (Eldons, FM's some of its previous names).

Blacksmith, you mean the Blackett Arms.

Charles Grey.

Fantastic place, the staff are particularly brilliant. :pow:

Charles Grey.

Heard a rumour two of the lads who work behind the bar were caught in a comprimising situation in the stock room one night...

Charles Grey.

Heard a rumour two of the lads who work behind the bar were caught in a comprimising situation in the stock room one night...

:doh:

Charles Grey.

They'd run out of gin last time I was there  :dave:

Like that as a pre-match pub because you can look out the window down at the momument, which seems to be a magnet for hilarious mental folk.  Watching a tramp dance to a peruvian band is always good entertainment on a saturday morning.

We get plenty of the mentalists coming in as well, like. Fantastic entertainment sometimes.

If you go upstairs in the actual bar you can see right into St. James' - well the entirety of L7 at least - absolutely love that view.

One floor up again to the bit of the building that doesn't get used (crying shame as there's an empty flat up there) and the view is obviously even better.

Charles Grey.

Like that as a pre-match pub because you can look out the window down at the momument, which seems to be a magnet for hilarious mental folk.  Watching a tramp dance to a peruvian band is always good entertainment on a saturday morning.

Last time we were in, we were choosing the people we'd take out if given a sniper rifle. Needless to say, we were spoilt for choice.

I love the Charles Grey.  Much better than when it was the poor-man's-Hard-Rock-Cafe.  FMs, was it?

Is the basement bar ever going to open?  I recall it being airless and grim, so I don't miss it like.  I assume if it ever does, they'll kick out the black and white shirts again, though.

It's open every night from about 7 til 12 (1am on Friday/Saturday). It's still grim, but cheap as fook and there's a refurb in the pipeline apparently.

Also heard a few whispers it might be opening for match-going folk before/after home games, complete with dorty strippers.

Guest Geordie_Paul

Aye it's still grim like, also you tend to stick to the walls and floor :p

The Charles Grey is definitely a canny enough place to go for a pint before the game if you have a bairn.

Guest Milburnthedog

Bodega, near to the Tyne Theatre. I take my 10yr old in pre match. The ham and peas pudding stotties are excellent.

That don't mind kids?

Taking my 11-year old nephew to his first home premiership game and want to meet a mate for a pint before KO, any suggestions?

Cheers in advance :clap:

Cant go wrong with Shearer's mate, its in the stadium, next door to the club shop :thup:

For the record, I know it's not really the point of this thread but I do dislike the Charles Gray, trying to be something it's not, a few new tables, green paint and some faux trees doesn't make it any better.

Guest Heneage

We went to the Newcastle arms today, and bloke said me brother (15) couldn't stay he took some persuading and let us off, but still I dont get it, if i'm content for him to be there, and hes not drinking (He doesn't like the taste for starters) whats the problem? I know its licensing but surely it should be up the parent?

Guest toonlass

We went to the Newcastle arms today, and bloke said me brother (15) couldn't stay he took some persuading and let us off, but still I dont get it, if i'm content for him to be there, and hes not drinking (He doesn't like the taste for starters) whats the problem? I know its licensing but surely it should be up the parent?

You're his dad and his brother?  :kasper: You sure you're not a smoggie?

Charles Grey.

Last time we were in, we were choosing the people we'd take out if given a sniper rifle. Needless to say, we were spoilt for choice.

that was a mirror you were looking in....