Shaun Wright-Phillips

Slim

Chelsea boss Luiz Felipe Scolari admits he would be willing to trim his squad ahead of the close of the transfer-window and that could mean Shaun Wright-Phillips being allowed to leave.

The likes of Juliano Belletti, Branislav Ivanovic, Andriy Shevchenko and Wright-Phillips are all on the fringes of the first-team squad at Stamford Bridge.

Scolari currently has 26 players in his senior set-up and he admits he could be willing to let up to two of them leave.

Shevchenko was this week in talks with AC Milan - but the deal fell through, and Scolari insisted he was more than happy to see the Ukrainian stay.

Belletti, Ivanovic and Wright-Phillips have also been linked with moves away and the England star has a number of clubs interested in taking him.

Portsmouth manager Harry Redknapp is desperate to take him to Fratton Park, whilst Aston Villa, Sunderland, Newcastle and former club Manchester City are also thought to be keen.

Scolari insists he does not know if anyone has come in for Wright-Phillips but dropped a big hint that he would be happy for him to depart.

"We have 26 players now," said Scolari.

"If I lose one or two, it's not a problem for me because I have a minimum 24 or 25.

"I don't know if some clubs want Shaun [Wright-Phillips] and I don't know what the player thinks about offers from other teams but as I've said before, if I have 24 or 25 and three or four players for two positions, I am happy.

"I have three or four players in this position - right wing, left wing. If the club sell one or two players more, it's not a problem for me."

Maybe worth a shot?

Guest elbee909

Keegan had him playing the best out of every manager he's worked under, including Mourinho, for me.  Wouldn't be averse to seeing that rekindled.

Would love him here, said it for ages now.

Sell Duff for £5-£7 million, buy SWP for £9 - £12 million. Great bit of buisness that would be.

i've always liked optimism

Duff sold for £1-2m with SWP coming in would be great business, £5-7m for Duff would be delirium!