Newcastle 1 - 0 Bolton Wanderers - 23/08/08 - Post match reaction from page 15

James

HT ratings

Given - 7 nothing to do

Beye - 6.5 Needs to get more involved in our attacks

Taylor - 7 solid

Colo - 7 solid

N'Zogbia - 7.5 some decent runs upthe wing

Butt 8 (first I typed Butthrie) - Been very good in our half, won a lot of balls

Guthrie 5 - Not in this game, lost ball twice in a dangerous position  could have cost us

Milner 5 - Blah

Gutierrez 7.5 - only one of our midfielders with a little spark. Really likes man on man situations and isn't afraid to take people on

Martins 6,5 - not much to work with

Duff 5 - offers little

To be honest, don't think Owen will make the difference right now, there is no supply line.

-------------------Butt--------------

--------Geremi--------Guthrie----

------------------Owen-------------

-------Jonas----------Martins-----

Why not? Throw caution to the wind.

To be honest, don't think Owen will make the difference right now, there is no supply line.

-------------------Butt--------------

--------Geremi--------Guthrie----

------------------Owen-------------

-------Jonas----------Martins-----

Why not? Throw caution to the wind.

Only option left against such a fucking shite team, I wouldn't even call it football what they play

Keegan will hopefully get them firing at half-time. Bolton offer little or nothing going forward (Primarily because they're not going forward) so I'm sure Keegan will tell the lads to just fun at them.

Hate teams playing so negatively, so hope Bolton get the stuffing that their 'tactics' so richly deserve.

Guest musika

Owen is the only change the stands out, really.

A half fit Owen who hasn't had any pre-season training? We're f'ed.

By the way, it just dawned on me that if we don't win this game, we could go into the game against Hull with 2 out of a possible 9 points, and Hull would fancy an upset the way they're playing right now. How things can change in 45 minutes :/

Owen is the only change the stands out, really.

A half fit Owen who hasn't had any pre-season training? We're f'ed.

By the way, it just dawned on me that if we don't win this game, we could go into the game against Hull with 2 out of a possible 9 points, and Hull would fancy an upset the way they're playing right now. How things can change in 45 minutes :/

Jesus wept.

Thinking about it I'm a little less mad at Bolton and more mad at us.  They're playing a game of closing down the man with the ball with two bog trolls and we're not moving into the space left or, if we do, we're spoiling the pass.  Our long passing has been good so far tbf but anything under 20 yards is just as likely to land at a bolton players foot than a toon players.

Guest musika

I fuckin hate Bolton!!!! They aint interested in playin a game of football, im just happy i dont have to watch them week in week out. I can understand playin a bit more defensive when ur playin away but they are taking the piss.

Let's face it - We hate them because we can't beat them and we think we're "meant" to beat them. Derby played like Bolton and noone seemed to have a problem with them.