Evil and Greedy Starbucks steal money from the poorest.

Parky

Are Starbucks wrong and short sighted?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Are Starbucks wrong and short sighted?

• Yes
    • No
    • It's Business
    • I never look at what I buy.
    • PR coup missed.

http://www.groundsforchange.com/

Certified Fair Trade Coffee

Fair trade coffee gives farmers a better standard of living and producer cooperatives are guaranteed a minimum fair price for their crop. All of our coffee is Fair Trade Certified by TransFair.

Shade Grown Coffee

Shade grown coffee protects migratory bird habitat and reduces clear-cutting in tropical rainforests as well as enhancing flavor. All of our coffee is verified as shade grown by our importers and whenever possible, our coffee is Shade Grown Certified by SMBC (this certification is only available in certain origin countries).

Look for these labels instead. :)

As a non-coffee drinker (can't stand the stuff), can someone tell me, do Starbucks sell hot chocolate?

Yes. Yes they do. And it is lovely. :banana:

I hope I can count on your support for the boycott GM. blueyes.gif

No. No you can't. I love Starbucks! :banana:

EDIT: ...except when I get slow service :(

:( Been mulling this over a while and I feel bad now Parky.

I do love Starbucks, but if it makes you feel better Parkster, I will limit myself to fair trade coffee traders only from now on...if you can name me one that is! :cool:

Last time I was in a Starbucks was last summer but one. Popped into to one on Union Sq in New York. Took ages to get served and had to wade through a river of piss, dodging lumps of shit in the bogs. Fucking awful it was. Avoided them ever since.  :thdn:

Last time I was in a Starbucks was last summer but one. Popped into to one on Union Sq in New York. Took ages to get served and had to wade through a river of piss, dodging lumps of shit in the bogs. Fucking awful it was. Avoided them ever since. :thdn:

You sure it was lumps of shit and not just chocolate brownies?

Last time I was in a Starbucks was last summer but one. Popped into to one on Union Sq in New York. Took ages to get served and had to wade through a river of piss, dodging lumps of shit in the bogs. Fucking awful it was. Avoided them ever since. :thdn:

You sure it was lumps of shit and not just chocolate brownies?

Oh it was shit alright! Imagine the bog in Trainspotting......it wasn't quite as bad as that but not far short.  :icon_puke_r:

The Barrista's in there haven't got a clue on how to brew. :lol:

With worlwide profits of $8.7 billion you'd think they would have a better overview of partnerships with the 3rd world.

The world is changing Parky, a new generation of consumers have grown up behind us and these companies will be forced to change corporate policy on the back of PR pressure. Have faith my son.

This reminds me vaguely as i'm struggling to remember the ins and outs of a paper I done in me 3rd year at Uni with regards to how third world countries were getting ripped off due to several patent protection laws with regards to drugs and medical supplies.

With worlwide profits of $8.7 billion you'd think they would have a better overview of partnerships with the 3rd world.

The world is changing Parky, a new generation of consumers have grown up behind us and these companies will be forced to change corporate policy on the back of PR pressure. Have faith my son.

Next few years in the UK will hopefully be marked by an increased emphasis on the development of new social enterprises. I'm involved in this myself, and the Government is also promoting this way forward on a number of fronts...opening up the possibility of new Community Interest Companies being established...so who knows...maybe some of these big multinationals could end up trading with more than just profit in mind. We can but hope.

Next few years in the UK will hopefully be marked by an increased emphasis on the development of new social enterprises. I'm involved in this myself, and the Government is also promoting this way forward on a number of fronts...opening up the possibility of new Community Interest Companies being established...so who knows...maybe some of these big multinationals could end up trading with more than just profit in mind. We can but hope.

I think you are right. Businesses all over the world are being forced to change due to consumer pressure and the fact that the modern world is more educated and in tune with a range of issues means that big business has to change. No choice in the matter.