Batman 3

Decky

Cher set to play catwoman in next Batman movie

By Sean Hamilton Showbiz Editor, sundaymirror.co.uk 24/08/2008

Cher has been lined up to play Catwoman in the next Batman movie.

The Oscar-winning actress and singer is in talks to star opposite Christian Bale in the third of the "dark" Batman films.

Cher, 62, was invited to join a cast which includes Johnny Depp as The Riddler.

A studio executive revealed: "Cher is Nolan's first choice to play Catwoman. He wants her to portray her like a vamp in her twilight years.

"The new Catwoman will be the absolute opposite of Michelle Pfeiffer and Halle Berry's purring creations."

Shooting on the film, provisionally titled The Caped Crusader, is due to start in Vancouver early next year.

The Dark Knight, this summer's big blockbuster, has been the most successful of the six modern movies, which started with Tim Burton's Batman in 1989.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/latest/2008/08/24/cher-set-to-play-catwoman-in-next-batman-movie-115875-20710497/

Hmm, Cher as Catwoman, Depp as the Riddler? Sounds terrible, although i dont think either are confirmed yet. Also alot of people didnt agree with Ledger being cast as The Joker when it was announced so it might not be bad at all. Who do you want as/and to play the villian in the next Batman?

Cher   :lol:

If they make another one, I think they have to go back and resolve the plot line of the last one.  Nolan is big on telling stories, not just making another superhero film.  I read one of the writers say that the original idea was to make the third film about the trial of the joker.  Difficult to do now without recasting Ledger's part (which would be very unpopular), but I don't think you can just switch to another villain without resolving what happens to joker, two-face etc.

Should have Depp play one of those obscure villains. Pull some shitty character out of nowhere and let him reinvent it.

You lust for Calendar Man Mike, don't deny it.

:lol: Goddamn that's just flat out obscure.

I don't think you can just switch to another villain without resolving what happens to joker, two-face etc.

The part where he died in the end didn't suffice?

Although I will give you the Joker, I can see an easy few lines of dialogue being thrown in/showing him without showing the face/etc to get around that though.

Anyone else think the "(TDK Sequel)" was something to do with video at first?

No just me...

Haha, yes...thought this was referring to some sort of Batman cartoon/anime vhs

I don't think you can just switch to another villain without resolving what happens to joker, two-face etc.

The part where he died in the end didn't suffice?

Although I will give you the Joker, I can see an easy few lines of dialogue being thrown in/showing him without showing the face/etc to get around that though.

Spoilers (for the two people on earth that still haven't seen it)  ;)

The coin two-face uses lands face up next to the body and it is never explicitly said that he's dead (after a fall Batman seems to survive without a bruise).  They leave that door open for a sequel IMO.  And when it comes to Nolan, I just can't see him using some throwaway dialogue to kill off a really compelling villain like the Joker.  You have to do something with him to continue the story or else you risk making the series as shit as other comic book films.

Really disappointed to see Johnny Depp and Cher cast in the new film. It's just going the way of the last films, where the actors are more important than the characters.

Exactly, it will be "Johnny Depp!!1!!1!!" when the next film comes out, even though Christian Bale is a better actor and is the lead and even though fans of the film will only be concerned with The Riddler rather than Depp.

Really disappointed to see Johnny Depp and Cher cast in the new film. It's just going the way of the last films, where the actors are more important than the characters.

Exactly, it will be "Johnny Depp!!1!!1!!" when the next film comes out, even though Christian Bale is a better actor and is the lead and even though fans of the film will only be concerned with The Riddler rather than Depp.

Bale is not a better actor than Depp.

IMO at the minute he is, Depp is capable of alot but he is just annoying as fuck in roles like Willy Wonka and that pirate in the POTC movies, while Bale is very enjoyable to watch, ive seen all of Bale's movies and loved most of them. Of course im biased because he is my favourite actor at the moment :aww:

IMO at the minute he is, Depp is capable of alot but he is just annoying as fuck in roles like Willy Wonka and that pirate in the POTC movies, while Bale is very enjoyable to watch, ive seen all of Bale's movies and loved most of them. Of course im biased because he is my favourite actor at the moment :aww:

POTC was shite but Depp was class as Jack Sparrow don't deny it.

Depp: Sweeney Todd, All POTC, Once Upon a Time in Mexico, Blow, The Ninth Gate, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Arizona Dream, Edward Scissorhands, Ed Wood,

Bale: 2 batmans, 3:10 to Yuma, The Prestige, Harsh Times, The Machinist, American Psycho

Prob more to list for bale.  I have to say i prefer depp now.  Just becasue i liked bale more when he was not as well known...but thats not his fault

This is a debate my friends and I have had in the past:  Depp - good actor or good roles?

To me it seems like he can almost do no wrong with the roles he chooses, they are always quirky and unique and at times doesn't require much acting beyond the costume/makeup.

This is a debate my friends and I have had in the past:  Depp - good actor or good roles?

To me it seems like he can almost do no wrong with the roles he chooses, they are always quirky and unique and at times doesn't require much acting beyond the costume/makeup.

Think the guy can act his ass off. I haven't seen many Bale movies, and I didn't enjoy TDK as much as I thought I would, but I don't think you can question Depp's ability.