Sorry if im the only one

Slim

"This was the one when Kevin Keegan tried to re-educate us and our drinking habits. He was really bubbling after the win and as we got on the coach he thought someone he knew was waving to him. He started waving back and just as he was about to get off the coach to talk to the bloke he realised it was a West Ham fan giving him the w*nker sign....

:lol:

Cheers for the link its really interesting seeing the players insight into the games.

Something that caught my eye

Also in this game, Tomas Brolin was on the bench for Leeds after they just bought him. Kennet Anderson (who had a trial at Newcastle but didn't sign) mentioned to me that Brolin had never particularly wanted to go to Leeds but the deal was too good to turn down. He didn't care about how well Leeds did and I remember he played exactly like that."

It really is important signing players who actually want to play for the club and if that means we only sign three players who really want to be here as opossed to six who cant be arsed I'll be happy with quality over quantity any day.

"I know that Warren won't mind telling you this one. He got caught trying to be clever instead of hoofing it away and was really upset after the match. What made it worse was that he was an Arsenal fan as a kid, and didn't know whether to laugh or cry when Keegan said to him in front of all the lads 'You're not playing for Southerners now - I didn't buy you to play football - just keep it simple'...."

That caused a bit of an awkward silence in the dressing room, and Keegan then started on the rest of the team, having a real go at people for not performing. In the middle of all this, Tino stood up and started to take his kit off and all the lads were just waiting for KK to go barmy. He asked Tino what he thought he was doing, and got a reply, 'I get changed, I catch plane'. (he was off to play for Colombia)

KK couldn't cope with this, and just shook his head and let him get on with it. When Tino came out of the shower, the gaffer was still talking to us all, and again stopped when Tino pulled a pair of jeans and a thick jumper from his bag. Keegan said to him, 'Tino, you're not going anywhere - look outside, that crowd will be there for another hour.'

The dressing room at Highbury backs on to the street, and if you open the window, you can see all the fans crowded outside. Someone opened up the window and we all looked out including the gaffer, who said 'see? I told you.' Tino turned round, looked at him and said 'yes I will' then looked back out in into the street and whistled. Straight away, a guy on a massive motorbike showed up and Tino gave him the thumbs up before rushing out of the dressing room. Seconds later he appeared outside, strapped on a helmet, jumped on the back of the bike and was gone, blasting off into the crowd..

We were all still looking out of the window in amazement, when KK turned round and simply said "can you believe that guy ?" or words to that effect...

Des is a smashing bloke but I think he felt a bit intimidated by coming to a club the size of Newcastle. I can't remember who started it but he got nicknamed Bubba - the dopey character out of that Tom Hanks film, Forrest Gump.

Unfortunately Des did the worst thing that you can do in situations like that and let everyone know he didn't like it. He'd ask us to stop calling him it, which usually meant the mickey-taking got worse and he'd often get asked if he was going off shrimp-fishing.... It was one of those situations where he showed a weakness and suffered for it but it was never anything personal, it happened to everyone but Des seemed to take it badly. He also got nicknamed "Shelf" because of his big backside and the lads would ask him if they could rest their pint on his shelf. Again, he wasn't too keen on that.

He was a strange player in that he arrived with rave reviews and could look really good in training but at other times he didn't look so clever. However, one thing which he was a world-beater at was Tomb Raider. When we were in the Champions League we all got given a Sony Playstation and he was fantastic. If ever anyone got stuck they'd give Bubba a ring. This also lead to his another nickname - "Rain Man".

"I know that Warren won't mind telling you this one. He got caught trying to be clever instead of hoofing it away and was really upset after the match. What made it worse was that he was an Arsenal fan as a kid, and didn't know whether to laugh or cry when Keegan said to him in front of all the lads 'You're not playing for Southerners now - I didn't buy you to play football - just keep it simple'...."

That caused a bit of an awkward silence in the dressing room, and Keegan then started on the rest of the team, having a real go at people for not performing. In the middle of all this, Tino stood up and started to take his kit off and all the lads were just waiting for KK to go barmy. He asked Tino what he thought he was doing, and got a reply, 'I get changed, I catch plane'. (he was off to play for Colombia)

KK couldn't cope with this, and just shook his head and let him get on with it. When Tino came out of the shower, the gaffer was still talking to us all, and again stopped when Tino pulled a pair of jeans and a thick jumper from his bag. Keegan said to him, 'Tino, you're not going anywhere - look outside, that crowd will be there for another hour.'

The dressing room at Highbury backs on to the street, and if you open the window, you can see all the fans crowded outside. Someone opened up the window and we all looked out including the gaffer, who said 'see? I told you.' Tino turned round, looked at him and said 'yes I will' then looked back out in into the street and whistled. Straight away, a guy on a massive motorbike showed up and Tino gave him the thumbs up before rushing out of the dressing room. Seconds later he appeared outside, strapped on a helmet, jumped on the back of the bike and was gone, blasting off into the crowd..

We were all still looking out of the window in amazement, when KK turned round and simply said "can you believe that guy ?" or words to that effect...