I know it's only Coventry...

Stu

...and they've just scored an absoluted peach, but that has to be the best half of football I can remember us playing in a helluva long time.

If someone had told me Arsenal now play in purple shirts, I would have believed them based upon that first half performance - even to the point where we were passing it around the edge of the box but not having a striker in the box to aim our crosses for!

Congrats to the 11 players on the pitch and the rest of the playing and coaching staff, an excellent first half's entertainment. Which brings me to the point of this thread - when was the last time you remember us playing so well?

Result of the game isn't important, but this is eerily reminiscent of that "Les Sealey game" (for me, anyways)

:clap: :clap: :clap:

...and they've just scored an absoluted peach, but that has to be the best half of football I can remember us playing in a helluva long time.

If someone had told me Arsenal now play in purple shirts, I would have believed them based upon that first half performance - even to the point where we were passing it around the edge of the box but not having a striker in the box to aim our crosses for!

Congrats to the 11 players on the pitch and the rest of the playing and coaching staff, an excellent first half's entertainment. Which brings me to the point of this thread - when was the last time you remember us playing so well?

Result of the game isn't important, but this is eerily reminiscent of that "Les Sealey game" (for me, anyways)

spurs away last season?

spurs away last season?

We were good in patches, but not as consistent as this....we've literally retained possession for 40 of the 45 minutes and (ironically) not looked anywhere near giving them a chance, let alone conceeding. We've been creative and inventive going forward, granted there's no striker to put the chances away but Coventry have defended reasonably well and made the most of their luck.

We've not won the match yet.

As I said, the result is irrelevant (for the purposes of the point I'm making). This is simply an acknowledgement of a very good half of football, which I don't remember seeing from a black and white (or purple/silver/grey/blue) shirt for a while.

If we go on to lose 3-2, etc, it still won't change the fact that we've had the pleasure of an enjoyable half of football.

This might become the norm, ala the original Keegan era and Robson years, but like an alcoholic straight out of rehab, I'm making the most of what I can get.

To be fair the level of opposition is almost irrelevant. We've passed the ball around really well, instead of getting into a shitty kickfest like we usually do in Cup games like this.

Only one half though, let's keep it up.

Embarrassing thread.

:rolleyes:

OMG!!! Were gonna win da league!!!1111!1

Clearly you can't read the thread title. I thought that would be enough to put the following comments into perspective and context.

Embarrassing thread.

Clearly you can't read the thread title. I thought that would be enough to put the following comments into perspective and context.

Apparently Ameobi is canny in training.

I'm off to make a 'I know it's only training...' thread right now.

christ, there is a complete level of penis-envy when it comes to other people making threads. it's a bloody football forum, if YOU don't feel it's worth starting a thread, don't bother commenting in it and it'll drop off the edge.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:doh:

To be fair the level of opposition is almost irrelevant. We've passed the ball around really well, instead of getting into a shitty kickfest like we usually do in Cup games like this.

Only one half though, let's keep it up.

exactly. so often in the lesser games in the cups or in europe the game would degenerate into a bore fest.

Embarrassing thread.

Actually, if you had seen Ameobi in training and he'd looked head and shoulders above what we've seen on the pitch, it would actually be worth starting a thread so we could discuss the factors affecting his ability to translate his training performances to real-match performances.

christ, there is a complete level of penis-envy when it comes to other people making threads. it's a bloody football forum, if YOU don't feel it's worth starting a thread, don't bother commenting in it and it'll drop off the edge.

Not really, i just find it embarrassing (for the forum) you feel the need to post up this thread after 45mins against a poor Championship team, sorry, nowt personal, i'm sure you are very happy with your pecker. But...

If the mackems were doing it over on SMB i'd be ribbing the shit out of them.  :lol:

Embarrassing thread.

Actually, if you had seen Ameobi in training and he'd looked head and shoulders above what we've seen on the pitch, it would actually be worth starting a thread so we could discuss the factors affecting his ability to translate his training performances to real-match performances.

Ok captain big knob.  :laugh:

Not really, i just find it embarrassing (for the forum) you feel the need to post up this thread after 45mins against a poor Championship team, sorry, nowt personal, i'm sure you are very happy with your pecker. But...

If the mackems were doing it over on SMB i'd be ribbing the shit out of them.  :lol:

In that case I feel sorry for you to be so self-concious about what a couple of slack-jawed inbreds think of you