James Milner joins Aston Villa - £12m!

Ally
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

http://www.avfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~1378813,00.html

Milner Completes Move

England Under-21 international James Milner today became Villa's eighth summer signing as he completed his switch from Barclays Premier League rivals Newcastle United.

Milner, who spent the 2005-06 season on loan at Villa, scoring three goals in 33 League and cup appearances, has returned signing a four year deal.

The 22-year-old completed a medical at Bodymoor Heath this morning.

Can't see this anywhere else on the board. Feel free to delete if it is.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1376531,00.html

NEWCASTLE United can confirm that it has received a written transfer request from James Milner.

The Club is very disappointed that James sees his footballing future as being away from St. James' Park. He is a valued member of the squad and it is only a year ago that he signed an improved long-term contract.

We have yet to receive an offer for James that has matched our valuation of him.

However, should such an offer be received then the Club would be reluctantly forced to consider it, given James' apparent desire to leave.

Guest SpinTheBlackCircle

What the f***? Started every match so far, signed a new contract last year. Something wrong with the kid.

Something wrong with NUFC

i reckon he's seen his thread on this forum tbh. why leave after we just beat coventry and have a good start to the season when he has played every match. must want the move to villa i guess.

So he signed a new contract last year, want to renegotiate now because he feels he's worth more money (mostly because Taylor's new improved contract is better than his I suppose), club's not willing to meet his demands, he hands in a transfer request. Isn't that a bit greedy?

Chuffed to bits. Get SWP as his replacement.

now there's a point. £10m which we receive should do it and shaun would come as he played under keegan. is this a transfer merry go round starting

Guest Jawesome

What the f***? Started every match so far, signed a new contract last year. Something wrong with the kid.

Something wrong with NUFC

No, I think Apisith hit the nail on the head, and I can tell you what it is - he's in the wrong profession, he should be training little chimps to walk.

Fuck me.  Twat.

He did not seem to "happy" after the game last night.  "I am just here to play football" did not seem all that good.

Something tells me MON has been chipping away at him beghind the scenes.

Whilst he is no world beater, he has proven last night he is a VERY valuable member of the sqaud. 

WTF caused this I don't know.  He has been getting games and has been playing well.