James Milner joins Aston Villa - £12m!

Ally
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

FACTS

Milner handed his transfer request in on Wednesday 20th August

The club meet to discuss his position

The club release a statement that Milner has handed in a transfer request (a full week later)

I think all parties feel it is best if he goes or why else would they release this statement. No way would they release this statement without having someone else lined up!

if that's  the case it's well played imo. i hope it is  SWP

Maybe we are getting SWP his agent has said he doesnt want to go to either Everton or Man City and they are now discussing his next move.

However would be suprised to see us sign anyone now

Ian Wright just said on talksport that he'd never heard of the person claiming to be SWP's agent and that the story is bull!

He said theres four clubs in for SWP and that he's defos leaving chelsea, with it now just up to SWP to decide!

He later went on to say he knows where he is going, and that it is a really important move for him to get his form back.

My reading of it was that he is going to City or Everton, just the way he laughed off the link to them, please gawd let me be wrong and see him at the toon!

Safest bet for him would be to return to the manager who he's played his best football for :nods:

Guest Mucky01

TBF to Milner, if he did request a week ago, it didn't show in his performances, he still put in his usual 100%+ effort and commitment last night.

or just a player trying to get his dream move whilst in the shop window?

Guest toonchina

I don't think Milner personally wants to leave.It might have been Wise's negative attitute towards him that forced him to submit a transfer request--on the day when Keegan,Wise and Ashley meet to talk about transfers.Anyway,for this over-rated boy,8 or 10M would be a fantastic deal.

I'm sorry but WTF are you talking about ???

I'm making some sence by telling you Milner is being forced out of this club.WTF are you talking about?

Guest toonlass

TBF to Milner, if he did request a week ago, it didn't show in his performances, he still put in his usual 100%+ effort and commitment last night.

:clap:

When he went to villa and was called back at the last minute he showed his professionalism by getting on and playing. If he has had a transfer request in for over a week then again he has shown his professionalism by continuing to play. He did not figure largely at the end of last season, perhaps he feels he may not be going to get the games he wants, better he goes elsewhere than just comes and picks up his wagecheck, a la ameobi!

Guest jamandtoon

The PFA saying they asked Newcastle to keep quiet about Milner putting in a transfer request last week is the strange part, it's almost like he's saying "If you don't offer an improved contract then I'll ask for a transfer but please keep it quiet cos I don't really want to move, just trying to force a new offer".

He could of been thinking about it as a win/win situation, either he gets a new improved contract here or gets a move knowing there's interest from other clubs. I think the plus from the PFA statement is that his request was made last week, so hopefully we've been making moves for a replacement, maybe having someone lined up (Improved offer for Larsson maybe) which is why we've gone public with his request to leave.

I don't think Milner personally wants to leave.It might have been Wise's negative attitute towards him that forced him to submit a transfer request--on the day when Keegan,Wise and Ashley meet to talk about transfers.Anyway,for this over-rated boy,8 or 10M would be a fantastic deal.

I'm making some sence by telling you Milner is being forced out of this club.WTF are you talking about?

You make little sense.

What are you ranting on about with Wise and his negative attitude towards Milner. Have they 'been at loggerheads'?

The PFA saying they asked Newcastle to keep quiet about Milner putting in a transfer request last week is the strange part, it's almost like he's saying "If you don't offer an improved contract then I'll ask for a transfer but please keep it quiet cos I don't really want to move, just trying to force a new offer".

He could of been thinking about it as a win/win situation, either he gets a new improved contract here or gets a move knowing there's interest from other clubs. I think the plus from the PFA statement is that his request was made last week, so hopefully we've been making moves for a replacement, maybe having someone lined up (Improved offer for Larsson maybe) which is why we've gone public with his request to leave.

I suppose it's feasible that nothing would be announced until we had a replacement lined up.. only time will tell though.

Erm it says newcastle asked to keep it quiet ........ not milner

Erm it says newcastle asked to keep it quiet ........ not milner

Too right. Milner will have been phoning MON nightly to update him on the latest developments.

Guest toonchina

You make little sense.

What are you ranting on about with Wise and his negative attitude towards Milner. Have they 'been at loggerheads'?

If the boardroom rate Milner as Keegan does,and want to keep him as Keegan does,they wouldn't have released this statement.This statement alone is forcing him out,just like what happened two years ago when Roeder sent him to talk to Villa.

Guest Mucky01

Is strange that they announce it today if they have has this for 7 days already, make me think his replacement in already sorted.

you would hope so, unless we incapable of responding until after this mornings meeting – which would be a shocking state of affairs.

Yes.  I've always admired the way he gave his all for the team even after he was jerked around the Villa move. Really respect him as a man. And I long believed that he would prove his doubters wrong. But the more he played, the more convinced I became that the doubters were right all along. We were a better team with Geremi on the right. We can do better.

Good luck to him.

Does Keegan really rate Milner, or is he trying to keep the price high?

He's hardly going to say, 'he's not good enough, can someone take him off us', is he?

He's said virtually the same of Ameobi and Smith.

Guest Chubby Jason

I've messaged my new best mate Nile Ranger on facebook asking him what's going on and if we're gonna get SWP, so I'm sure Mr.IgetMoney will tell us soon enough.

Guest Mucky01

The PFA's comments make this situation strange to say the least.

you can understand why they responded to the NUFC statement though, there could be a witch hunt after Milner if they’re not careful.

The PFA's comments make this situation strange to say the least.

you can understand why they responded to the NUFC statement though, there could be a witch hunt after Milner if they’re not careful.

Oh of course. It'll have been a shock to them I'd imagine.

I can only guess that there's some particular reason we've announced it now - either a new signing in the bag or something more sinister.

Guest trig111

Going back to city is a bit boring & as is signing for Everton. Kev was his boss at city & i reckon (hope) the board have sat on Milners transfer request for a week in order that they get a replacement in.

SWP in the bag :-)