James Milner joins Aston Villa - £12m!

Ally
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Everyone slags him off to fuck then when he decides it's time to move on (obviously knowing full well a good team like Villa want him) people are unhappy. mackems.gif

It's pretty clear that KK and the club wanted to keep him but he wants to force the move through.

Fair play to him, take the cash and get someone better.

Guest Mucky01

didn’t see this one coming.

1 of 3 reasons – he wants more money – he’s fallen out with someone – or more likely has been tapped up.

When we need new bodies this is a real shocker.

If it’s about us not paying what he wants it won’t be SWP as he’ll be on twice what Milner’s on. – Arda?

Just remember how Villa handled Barry we should be no different.

Little bit shocked after what he said last night, cheeky sod.

Agree with this, was thinking the same.

Lets ask for £12m, no lower.

Very odd. 

I was never part of the torches and pitchforks brigade looking to hunt him down but I didn't think he was a world beater either.  Squad player material and I guess he doesn't think of himself that way, which I hope means he has insider information on a good right sided player coming on. :bluestar:

Well they must have had there meeting this morning.  I expect some news coming out on .co.uk soon on other matters.

It also explains the Malouda interest too.  I think the request will have been in for at least a few days, explains Keegans reaction about him recently.

I would be happy with either SWP or Malouda.  However I doubt he will leave if we cant replace him.

I would be sad to see him go to be honest but it serves us right the way we treat him a few summers back.  I assume he feels justified because of that and fair play to him.

SWP would be an excellent replacement, as I'm sure Keegan would be the man to get the best out of him. Though from what I have seen of him, he suffers from the same lack of killer ball as Milner.

not at all bothered if a player of milner's calibre leaves the club. however, due to the size of the squad, we are going to need something like four players to make us steady for the season. two or three injuries and it could gan tits up.

Really disappointed. Even when everyone is fit, I would have expected him to play a lot of games. 

Something must have gone on because Keegan has been so supportive of him and it is supposed to be a happy camp now.  A revised "contract" was supposed to be discussed today so he has either heard it's a no-go and spat his dummy out but I don't see him as being that type of person.

Just hope we have someone lined up because with the apparent length of time it has taken us to sign players so far, we are going to be stuffed.  Plus the fact, he is a very versatile player.

not bothered tbh.....delighted if we get 9m for him but maybe we can ask a bit more for him seeing how he`s English and all ;)

I assume he`s off to Villa then but he`s not going to get in ahead of their current wingers Agbonlahor and Young?

Agbonlahor isn't a winger.

If he don't get a good fee, we don't need to sell him. The last time this shit happened, he was at Villa's training ground yet still ended up having a decent season for us. So, if we don't sell him, I think he'll still be a dependable player and might even be convinced to stay if our form continues to be good.

Well they must have had there meeting this morning.  I expect some news coming out on .co.uk soon on other matters.

It also explains the Malouda interest too.  I think the request will have been in for at least a few days, explains Keegans reaction about him recently.

I would be happy with either SWP or Malouda.  However I doubt he will leave if we cant replace him.

I would be sad to see him go to be honest but it serves us right the way we treat him a few summers back.  I assume he feels justified because of that and fair play to him.

SWP would be an excellent replacement, as I'm sure Keegan would be the man to get the best out of him. Though from what I have seen of him, he suffers from the same lack of killer ball as Milner.

At least SWP looks like he can take people on and go past them though, Milner's seemingly forgotten how to do it. Well apart from when he's playing against sides from lower divisions!!

Maybe he's pissed off cos they're making him pay for his private box this year :p

"And Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill, who has long coveted Milner, was at the match to see the 22-year-old's stunning performance up front."

No wonder he worked hard last night despite being unhappy...

Guest Gallowgate Mag

"His apparent desire to leave"

Makes it sound agent manufactured to be honest.

Villa lads at the U21's IMO tapped the cunt up.

It's quite possible that Villa have tapped him up and told him to wait on his transfer request until the last minute so they can get him on the cheap.

If so, I hope we're prepared to let him rot in the reserves for 4 months if needed. Lots of clubs this window have shown their resolve in not getting bullied over transfers. Hope we do the same.

This is, of course, assuming that Villa are even interested.

IF we did not have a piss poor thin squad with only a fews days of the transfer window left then it would not bother me a much, but maybe he knows once everyone is fit he is not going to be in the starting 11, Zoggy Jonas or Duff Jonas will be ahead of him.

However we should point blank refuse to sell him, we have such a small squad that a few injuries and we are fkd, he is under contract to us so tell Villa to fk off he is staying. If he wants to play in the reserves or ruin his career by being in a huff over it then thats his choice. One club needs to step up and set a standard and show players once they are under contratt hen they should honor it!!

Guest Matticus

I'll be glad to see him gone, yes he played well last night but that was against Coventry.

8+ million in would be fantastic  :celb: