James Milner joins Aston Villa - £12m!

Ally
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It's quite possible that Villa have tapped him up and told him to wait on his transfer request until the last minute so they can get him on the cheap.

If so, I hope we're prepared to let him rot in the reserves for 4 months if needed. Lots of clubs this window have shown their resolve in not getting bullied over transfers. Hope we do the same.

This is, of course, assuming that Villa are even interested.

I think Martin O'Neill being in the crowd last night answers that one

Could have told us this a couple of weeks ago couldn't he. Add this to the fact that Keegan says he's not optimistic about getting players in, he's left us in the shit a bit. Average player and i'll be happy to get a big fee for him, but what a pillock.

"And Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill, who has long coveted Milner, was at the match to see the 22-year-old's stunning performance up front."

No wonder he worked hard last night despite being unhappy...

Must have had a word in his ear after the game.

Got to have a replacement lined up and relatively quick. Fair enough we're not short with wingers, but even so the squad is getting tighter and tighter. Seeing as KK and Ashley were so adamant he wasn't leaving before, maybe Ashley will be much more tempted to invest heavily into a transfer to please both of them and the fans. Haven't got long to wait and see.

My guess.

The evening chronicle will have this story on it's back page and the club has been forced to make a statement prior to it's publication. Classic Alan Oliver thing to do, did this all the time when SBR was in charge.....we will see.

R.E Milner, blessing in disguise, if we can get a replacement in. SWP please.

Guest elpapi

Ay player that doesnt want to be at a club, let them go, have players that want to stay and fight for there shirt and there place in the team!

Smith wants to stay...

Could have told us this a couple of weeks ago couldn't he. Add this to the fact that Keegan says he's not optimistic about getting players in, he's left us in the s*** a bit. Average player and i'll be happy to get a big fee for him, but what a pillock.

Good poi8nt, he has left it to late in the window, tell him no he should have asked sooner!!

Could have told us this a couple of weeks ago couldn't he. Add this to the fact that Keegan says he's not optimistic about getting players in, he's left us in the shit a bit. Average player and i'll be happy to get a big fee for him, but what a pillock.

Reckon it's been going on for a while now. Atleast Keegan has been praising him ridiculously for ages now. Think they've been aware of him wanting to join Villa....

Smacks very much of agent involvment. Parasites.

Not good timing but at the £9-10M quoted would not be bad business. Good player, good attitude but will never be a great player.

Suppose it's off to Villa and Barry to Liverpool. Or is it Milner to Liverpool and Barry staying ?   

Don't suppose he's been tempted by "Roy's revolution" "The Sunderland project" or Niall's "Magic carpet ride" mackems.gif

Guest Heneage

"And Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill, who has long coveted Milner, was at the match to see the 22-year-old's stunning performance up front."

No wonder he worked hard last night despite being unhappy...

Must have had a word in his ear after the game.

I picture him in the shadows with flat cap on going "Com ere James ma boy".

Guest Alan_Shearer

I can't see him leavin with only a few days left of the window. He's one of our top 3 players for sure, will be hard to find someone as good and that is what we would need to replace him...SWP is good but his crosses are awful. This is a big shame.

I can't see him leavin with only a few days left of the window. He's one of our top 3 players for sure, will be hard to find someone as good and that is what we would need to replace him...SWP is good but his crosses are awful. This is a big shame.

If you say so...

Reckon it's been going on for a while now. Atleast Keegan has been praising him ridiculously for ages now. Think they've been aware of him wanting to join Villa....

Aye that makes sense tbf... Keegan talking him up to get more dosh.

It's been a bad morning though. :( Only just got in but seen Keegan's quotes aswell about him being unsure whether he can get players in. All bad news.

Have you seen Newcastle play?