James Milner joins Aston Villa - £12m!

Ally
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Arsenal away on Saturday and even if no deal is done byt hen he won't be used, we are enough players down the little cunt has fkd us over like doing this now.. I bet KK has not taken this news well at all, you could tell he really rate Milner and was full of praise for him, jusdt hope we do hold out for the right fee. Villa need to make a good offer today or he stays, its not giving us enough time to replace him.

Brummie.  Barry may not have put in (or slapped as these things tend to be desribed)  but he made it abundently clear that he wanted to leave.  Milner is under contract to us.  If your club wants him they need to make an acceptable offer.  If they don't he stays.  It is exactly the same as the Barry situation.

I will not hold a grudge against Milner if/when he goes to Villa.

sure, the timing could've been better, but we dicked him around a couple of years ago and he obviously feels he's ready for a change.

Fair play. We'll make a profit and we've got enough cover if the worst comes to the worst and we can't replace him until the January transfer window.

If Jonas/the Zog get injured we've got Lua Lua and Duff or we could change to a central three from Geremi, Barton, Butt, Guthrie etc and have less width but more firepower.

No hard feelings Jimmy lad.

I'm a bit surprised, given that KK seemed extremely confident that he would be staying a few days ago.

It looks like a move to Villa has been on the cards for a while, and that he's been open to the opportunity. This written request is probably just a statement that he's willing to sacrifice his share of the transfer fee in order to close the gap between Villa's and our valuations. This'll go through for sure.

In fairness to the lad, despite the way we mucked him about a couple of years ago, he's always given his best. At least he's put his heart into his recent performances rather than sulked like Berbatov, to get his own way. He's not done anything wrong here, so let's not jump on him.

I wonder about the way that this has come out on the day when Ashley and Keegan are due to have their meeting. The rags will have a field day with that.

Very disappointing and very worrying unless the club have already lined up some quality players before the window closes ; he has obviously been tapped, but they have wanted him for a long time, and people DO want to go where they are wanted - lets be honest, quite a few on here have wanted him out of the door, so now you will get your wish...

However, I wouldn't sell him at present UNLESS we are sure of reinforcements - this could leave us really struggling up front if we have injuries .

If he is sold, and KK is not given any new players, he will NOT be a happy bunny...

This type of thing used to happen in the Westwood days(Supermac was sold on the eve of the 76/77 season AFTER Season Tickets had been sold) - I thought we were too big a club now, but maybe not.

It's a shame since we have much bigger problems than James Milner.

£10m+ i'd demand, if not he'll pipe down soon enough and will still put in a professional performance when we ask him too.

Do we blame the agent or is it all Milner's choice?

Brummie.  Barry may not have put in (or slapped as these things tend to be desribed)  but he made it abundently clear that he wanted to leave.  Milner is under contract to us.  If your club wants him they need to make an acceptable offer.  If they don't he stays.  It is exactly the same as the Barry situation.

The second part is true, if we offer something and you reject it, then fair enough, no deal.

What I'm saying is, whatever happened between Milner and Newcastle (and I suspect it is about wages), he's clearly more determined to leave as he was prepared to put in a request and lose his "loyalty" bonus (what a joke that concept is) whereas Barry, for all his desire to join Liverpool, wasn't prepared to put in the request.

Still very young but seems unable to move forward, quality for the u21s and did well last night v a championship team, but in the premiership hes not great, just hope we play the same game as villa when it comes to a price. 9-10m would be crazy money for him.

There has obviously been something going on behind the scene. The club will have been aware of the situation for a long time now, i'm confident we will have a plan in place.

On another note, hopefully this will give Enrique his chance..... moving Jonas to the right and Charles on the left.

aye there's a silver lining

Guest toonlass

I would like to see him stay, but if he is determined to leave then what can we do? Nae point in keeping him here if he doesn't want to be here. Shame.

Guest Mcdonald36

Scumbag. Stick him in the reserves.

And to think Villa fans were up in arms about Barry being tapped up, brummie bellends.

In all honesty the guy has been treated pretty shabbily in his time here - sent out on loan, transfer agreed and then cancelled at the last minute etc.

Not too surprised he wants out but i am a bit disappointing he's done it in this way. As long as we get a decent replacement in who can actually cross a ball well It's no great loss IMO.

Given his sentiments expressed through themedia if Barry got a loyalty bonus it would be criminal.  Formal request or not.  I don't think a formal request should affect the asking price, though i take your point about his upping the ante with the written request. 

The second part is true, if we offer something and you reject it, then fair enough, no deal.

What I'm saying is, whatever happened between Milner and Newcastle (and I suspect it is about wages), he's clearly more determined to leave as he was prepared to put in a request and lose his "loyalty" bonus (what a joke that concept is) whereas Barry, for all his desire to join Liverpool, wasn't prepared to put in the request.

That's an excellent point - and something that should be kept in mind if the official "transfer fee" is released. We won't have to hand a few million to Milner, so whereas yesterday we might have demanded 10m, today's developments mean a fee of, say, 7m is essentially the same result...

We could really take advantage here, Villa want to keep Barry but lets see how much they want Milner, Villa asked for 18mill, he aint worth that but then again is Milner worth 10?

Say Barry for Milner + 8mill is the only deal we will take.

If they agree great, if not then tell Milner to shut the fk up and get on with it..