So apparently we have no strikers.

oldtype

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/sundaysun/tm_headline=injuries-take-gloss-off-cup-win-for-keegan%26method=full%26objectid=21615770%26siteid=72703-name_page.html

Viduka out 4 (which I'm guessing will end up being closer to 8)

Duff out 4~5

Martins out 3~4

Carroll out for a similar period.

Milner is leaving.

Shola is leaving.

Smith is.... Smith.

So we've basically got Owen and nothing else. Can't even play Milner or Duff as a withdrawn striker anymore.

...what exactly is KK supposed to do for Arsenal this weekend? Or for the entire month of september for that matter.

PS. Let's leave Nile RAIN-JAH out of this.  :rolleyes:

Guest Heneage

To my knowledge Dua is 2 weeks off training? So say a month,  Martins is 3 weeks away.

Might have to give Ranger and Zamlbera birth. also should buy like, but who?

What do you think other clubs do when they have 4 or 5 strikers out at the same time?

They play kids. Ours are injured too.

Ranger? Zamblera? Donaldson? Danquah?

It's a freak situation that we will have to get through, I doubt there are many Premiership clubs with as many first team strikers as us.

As Dave suggests for Arsenal.  Then we have a 2 week hiatus.  In which time Smith will probabaly be fit.  Him and Owen up top would be fine.  Milner's situation will be resolved and we will either be able to use him or, hopefully will have a replacement.  Martins and Viduka won't be far behind either.  We might even have signed a striker if Shola has moved on.

We do need another striker, hard to deny it really.

We need to replace Ameobi and Smith, you can't just keep adding more strikers when you've got 6 that have already represented the first team last season without shifting some dead weight.

As Dave suggests for Arsenal.  Then we have a 2 week hiatus.  In which time Smith will probabaly be fit.  Him and Owen up top would be fine.  Milner's situation will be resolved and we will either be able to use him or, hopefully will have a replacement.  Martins and Viduka won't be far behind either.  We might even have signed a striker if Shola has moved on.

You realize that saying that here is the equivalent of walking into the Vatican with a copy of The Davinci Code and reading it out loud at the top of your lungs?

Good post*, a few are forgetting that bit in bold I think.

*Edit - apart from Smith being fine. :laugh: We'd have to make do for one game though.

Good post, a few are forgetting that bit in bold I think.

That's true. I hadn't thought of that.

Still, according to KK none of our strikers will be back by then though.

Desperate ideas:

1. Start training players as striker who did at one time play in that position (Haper and Taylor IIRC?)

2. Start training players that would compliment Owen as a strike partner - mobile with close ball control and crossing ability: Zoggy & Gutierrez

3. "Pull a 'Boro" and claim that our games need to be postponed due to safety reasons that are totally unrelated to our injury crisis... might be a bit tough to pull that off on our away games, but hey there must be some corrupt cops down in the smoke right?

4. Call in a bomb threat to our games...

... 5. Play Smith

We do need another striker, hard to deny it really.

We need to replace Ameobi and Smith, you can't just keep adding more strikers when you've got 6 that have already represented the first team last season without shifting some dead weight.

I'm assuming we're trying to get a deal for a new striker arranged before allowing Smith to leave.

Fucking hope so anyway.

Guest Toon Argy

Nile Ranger looks a tall, strong, skillful player and I wouldnt be too worried if we had to play him because of our lack of forwards due to injuries.