Madden 09

Threelegs

Has anyone got this game yet? I havent played a Madden for about 5 years so im considering getting one. They are always pretty fun although when you play 2 player no one likes defending.

It might kill some time for me before the football titles come out?

So has anyone played it?

• 4 months later...

Anybody know where I can pick this up for a decent price. Seems like everywhere is still charging £40+ for it.

Anything below £40 I would be happy with.

UPDATE! ... Sorted, Amazon have it for under £30. Strange as it was £39.99 y'day!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00169J5OG/ref=s9k2a_c7_at2-rfc_g1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1Y3CZ3JAGMV6XQ0V3ER5&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=463374933&pf_rd_i=468294

I wouldnt bother with it if i were you mate, i hated it at first, then liked it then realised that when you up the difficulty settings all the CPU does is make your players worse not make the AI better. Its appaling.

The worst thing i saw was in an instant replay, I cranked up the difficulty and watched one of my corners.  The ball was snapped and the reciever was away, my cornerback however decided not to move an inch until 4 seconds after the ball had been snapped. needless to say he got beat deep for a TD.

The Madden IQ thing has totally ruined the running game too. It is near on impossible.

Id just wait for next seasons (out in august) or buy madden 08 tbh.

You've never played it? What a game that was. For only twenty dollars, it pissed all over Madden that year and led to the exclusivity deal. That was the last NFL game that never left my system.

You've never played it? What a game that was. For only twenty dollars, it pissed all over Madden that year and led to the exclusivity deal. That was the last NFL game that never left my system.

Yep I've played it, it was ace, thats why I tried buying it again years later only for it not to work!!  :lol:

• 6 months later...

O Line and D line players are the most important, tbh.

I assumed the most important thing was ensuring my QB was Eli Manning

Learn from Detroit. They had the greatest running back in the history in the game, but no offensive line.

Your offense isn't doing anything if the QB doesn't have time to make proper decisions.

You don't need four great receivers, just one great one, one fast one, and a guy that can catch anything.

One blocking TE, one receiving TE

a FB that can block. Check his run block rating and his pass block rating.

A great/decent RB, and a solid guy that can come on in 3rd down short yardage.

A great QB is cool, but since you're playing the game, you can get by with a guy with a decent power/accuracy rating.

Right I'm restarting.

I get sacked constantly, I need amazing OL. WHO

I've forgotten almost everything I used to know, so I can't give you names.

Check awareness, strength, pass block and run block. Agility too.